Can't change my avatar

JohnD

I've managed to upload a photo into my galley now, but blowed if I can work out how to make it my avatar! I suspect the photo is too large, as when I select the option to use it as my photo I just get a small box that I can move around the image, but not enlarge. Guess I need to get off the iPad and onto the PC where my photo software is and try a smaller file size...

Still - a step closer

Gully

The image needs to be about 100 pixels by 100 pixels.

The easiest way to insert the avatar is to view the thumbnail of the picture in your gallery, then right click on it to get the properties box, note the full file name that the thumbnail is stored as, and then insert this in the box for the location of your avatar.

• Like 1

The issue with the iPad is that when you press and hold the thumbnail you get various options for it (save, open in new window etc), but the location property is embedded in the menu header and inaccessible. If you open in a new tab, the header URL is shown as a general TSSC zone, but not the specific file - no idea why on that. I guess the way forward if working solely on an iPad would be to actually save the thumbnail within the gallery as a separate image, or back onto the photo stream and then upload again as a new image.

Thanks again,

Gully

• 1 year later...