Upload pictures for Dummies

Roger

Hello,

There has been a debate about max allowed picture size, and how to upload pictures. I know that some of you here on this forum obviously have figured out how everything works (thanks John for those great pictures of your aluminum bodied Gt4!). But I guess there are still a few members out there that (just like me) haven’t managed to successfully upload pictures. But one should never give up! So I have started this new thread for the single purpose of practicing how to upload pictures from my gallery. Anyone else who still struggles with this: Feel free to upload whatever (decent ;) ) picture you might have here in this thread if you want to do some tests. If you fail then you at least know one way that doesn’t work…

The instructions for how to upload pictures can be found in the thread “Picture Size”. Thanks Kevin for trying to explain this, and bear with us who still struggle.. Now let’s see if I can get some pictures uploaded here!

http://tssc.invisionzone.com/uploads/gallery/album_37/gallery_94_37_22989.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Posting pictures from your gallery (link at the top of the page) is simple on a PC, I haven't yet cracked if for a tablet as there is no "right click" on a tablet. 

1.  Right click on the image in the gallery and there will be a popup with four size options (thumbnail, small, medium, large) and "direct link to this image file".

2.  Hover over the "direct link to this image file" and right click. 

3.  On the dropdown menu, select "Copy shortcut" - you've now got the URL of the image stored in your paste buffer.

4.  Return to your posting, and at the point where you want to insert the image, click the "image" button at the top of the text entry window (11th icon along on the 2nd row)

5.  When the popup box appears, paste the shortcut copied at step 3 into the URL box.

6.  Click OK, and the image will appear.

If it is too big, try the same trick with the "small", "medium" or "large" versions available when you right click on the image in the gallery.

If you want to use the "small", "medium" and "large" versions, then left click on one of them and do the "right click, copy shortcut" stuff in the next window.

I think the photo of your car has been scanned back to front.

The steering wheel is on the wrong side of the car ;).

If this is indeed true, then it's an interesting "England" reverse flag, oh, and he's hung his Union Flag back to front too :P:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• 1 month later...

Hi sorry I know this isnt the original forum I asked questions on but I have tried and tried to get pictures to work following the instructions above and all 

i get us "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community"

f am using photo bucket and the direct URL is http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k132/aidantupper/IMAG0054_zpsb506994d.jpg~original 

So what am I doing wrong ? I have no messages other than that above  I'm lost!

Aiden,

If you are hosting the photos elsewhere then you use the "image" button and paste the URL of the photo in there and it works !

The URL of the photo needs to end in JPG, or TIF, or other recognised photo extensions.

The direct link you quoted above contains a load of rubbish after the "JPG", and it is this that the forum software is objecting to.

When posted correctly it works http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k132/aidantupper/IMAG0054_zpsb506994d.jpg

IMAG0054_zpsb506994d.jpg

• 1 month later...

Choose the ‘more reply options’ button at the bottom right and at the bottom of that text box you’ll see an option to ‘Attach files’. Select your pic and attach.

I don’t use Photobucket for this forum but I think it’s the square box to the bottom left of the smiley icon, the little green tree icon above the text box, that allows you to enter code for a linked photo from a storage site. 

Choose the ‘more reply options’ button at the bottom right and at the bottom of that text box you’ll see an option to ‘Attach files’. Select your pic and attach.

I don’t use Photobucket for this forum but I think it’s the square box to the bottom left of the smiley icon, the little green tree icon above the text box, that allows you to enter code for a linked photo from a storage site. 

Thanks but that is not the problem.

I can copy links from Photobucket into posts, and upload from my computer into posts, but I cannot see how to upload or copy photos into "my gallery"  in my profile.

Here's what I do Eddie.

Top right of page click on your name and click on My Gallery from the drop down menu. Click on Upload on the next page and it will ask you to create and Album. Once you have created your album, click on Upload and then Browse. Once you have found the image you want on your computer click on Open and then Upload. You can then put a new title if you wish followed by Review and Publish.

I hope this might help.

John

Top right of page click on your name and click on My Gallery from the drop down menu.

I tried that but "My Gallery" did not appear as an option on the drop down menu.

However I have now managed to set up my gallery, but I must admit that I cannot remember the various steps necessary to do it, and now "My Gallery" does appear in the drop down menu.

So it seems that you have to set up your gallery before it appears in the menu under your name.

Thanks for all your help.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...