A job I had been putting off finally needed to be done. At the start of the build I fitted a new rear inner wing section and not very successfully. I transferred the old threaded bumper iron fittings from the rotted panel to the good but on one side I hadn't drilled the hole anything like big enough and the other side I managed to weld part of the thread. I had probably walked away in disgust at this point as I hadn't drilled the floor for the lower bumper irons either (I must had replaced some of the boot floor too, forgotten that bit). So I stepped drilled the smaller hole into the right size but scratching up the first threads of the fitting then tapped very slowly both fittings and by some miracle it worked. Once I had one bumper iron in it was easy to mark the correct points and drill the holes for the lower ones.
after a thoroughly good cleanup, its amazing the amount of crud a boot attracts I did a bit of painting in 2K.