Australian National Motoring Heritage Day, Cavalcade of Transport

Peter Truman

Yesterday Sunday the 15th, the AOMC (Assoc of Motoring Clubs) the Victorian umbrella organisation for all Vic Motoring Clubs held events at 3 venues around Vic, Metro @ Braeside Park, NE country at Trentham and east country at Maffra.

I attended the Metro event as Braeside Park which is next to Dingley Village where I live, but I did a 60klm run before I attended, arriving late so i couldn't park with the other Triumphs, here's some pics of my old clubs (TCCV) vehicles, I had been the Pres of that club 5 times over my 25 year membership, there's my Dolly Sprint up with the Ford Prefects and Anglia's. There's a rare for Aus, Herald 13/60 convertible there obviously a personnel import, as Heralds were only assembled locally to 1966. It was interesting from my viewpoint to see the 13/60 drivers seat just cleared past the B post showing there's a difference between the conv and saloon seats?

The weather stayed dry but overcast with a 21C temp, Breaside was an old sewerage farm decommissioned around 1974 and has been a wildlife park ever since, very popular for walkers and bike riders, unfortunately Dogs aren't allowed, obviously!

TCCV 1 @ Braeside - Cavalcade of Transport.JPG

TCCV 2.JPG

TCCV 3.JPG

TEG 1.JPG

AOMC 2022 Cavalcade of Transport.jpg