Vitesse jacking points

Robin

Make sure you jack the back on the crossmember and not on the diff housing.

keep an eye on the angle of the chassis doesnt invoke a slip out of the jack cup.

if you have axle stands its better if you cut a block of decent timber to fit the forked top and gives a flat

face to sit the chassis on

pete

No argument with Peter!

Here's a sketch of the wooden pad I've made as he suggests.

The notch fits into the front of the cross member, and the wood in front is narrow enough to fit between that and the diff.

But it's not too thick, so I've reinforced it with two long wood screws, straight down in to the bulk of the pad.

A hole drilled through the other end allows a cord through it to hang on the wall, so it doesn't get lost.

post-139-0-13786300-1445721865_thumb.png

Been jacking my car under diff for years without problems, spring is mounted to diff so weight of car at rear is supported by diff mountings in normal running.

Interested why you think this is a problem.

Regards

Paul

I agree, the Diff is very securely mounted to the chassis, I've jacked my Vitesse up there before and had no problems?

As stated before though never go under a car with just the Jack for support, Axle stands are a must and I always chock the Opposing wheels not being jacked up.

Its the base of the diff case is not designed to support the weight of the car

Bear in mind the triumph approved jack points are at the ends of the front and rear outriggers

Where they join the side rails

and we know what some of them look like ........some worse than a bit rusty

pete

In basic priciples you dont want to jack any car from its units .

and any jacking must take age degradation of chassis ,sub frame or monocoque into how and where you do this operation safely.

Each to their own , preference is based on car designed recomendations and experiences

pete