Too much play?

AlanT

On the niggle fest that is my resto Spit 1500 I get a knock on overrun/slow down. Suspect it’s a tired diff(has the customary Triumph noises). UJs are now good which has removed the rhythmic tapping. 
I know it’s ok to have some slack on the diff to prop rotation, but I’ve a bit on the driveshafts to diff (as per video). Is this the likely source? A problem for a sunny days only car? Car drives well.

Hope ok and then the niggles are over!!
Thanks. Alan

23 hours ago, AlanT said:

On the niggle fest that is my resto Spit 1500 I get a knock on overrun/slow down. Suspect it’s a tired diff(has the customary Triumph noises). UJs are now good which has removed the rhythmic tapping. 
I know it’s ok to have some slack on the diff to prop rotation, but I’ve a bit on the driveshafts to diff (as per video). Is this the likely source? A problem for a sunny days only car? Car drives well.

Much more likely to be exhaust against chassis, diff rubbers worn allowing movement, suspension mounting loose somewhere (rear radius arms....) or gearbox/engine mounts allowing excessive movement?