Spain Tour

rogerguzzi

Hello All

Last full day in Spain and back to Blighty on the 17.00 ferry tomorrow

We had a good drive up through the mountains and it was a lot cooler today so all 3 of us were happier!

We are now just outside San Vicente in a nice self catering 2 storey house.

We have covered 1650 miles from home and it is about 35 mile to Santander and 200 in Blighty

The first two photos are a view from last night’s room and breakfast room this morning

The last one view from today’s room

Roger and the Memsahib

DSC03743.JPG

DSC03745.JPG

DSC03747.JPG

DSC03748.JPG

DSC03749.JPG

DSC03750.JPG

DSC03756.JPG

DSC03758.JPG

DSC03759.JPG

DSC03760.JPG

DSC03761.JPG

DSC03763.JPG

DSC03768.JPG

DSC03769.JPG

• Like 2

Hello All

We are back in Blighty now we have covered 1896 on the speedo and 1909 on Gladys the Satnav and used 38.89 galls of petrol

So that is 49.08 MPG or 48.75 MPG

Spittys oil is 1 mark down on the dip stick and I had put in just over 1/2 litre and it has been very very hot (40 deg C)

The crossing was a bit rough and it took nearly 2 hours to get off the ship and out Plymouth then a steady run up the A38 and M5 at a steady 70/75 MPH !

Photos last digs and San Vincente and 4 mast sailing ship

Roger and the Memsahib

ps I hope you have enjoyed the report?

pps It is a pity I can not see how many views it has had to gauge the interest?

DSC03773.JPG

DSC03775.JPG

DSC03777.JPG

DSC03783.JPG

• Like 3

Hello All

We are back in Blighty now we have covered 1896 on the speedo and 1909 on Gladys the Satnav and used 38.89 galls of petrol

So that is 49.08 MPG or 48.75 MPG

Spittys oil is 1 mark down on the dip stick and I had put in just over 1/2 litre and it has been very very hot (40 deg C)

The crossing was a bit rough and it took nearly 2 hours to get off the ship and out Plymouth then a steady run up the A38 and M5 at a steady 70/75 MPH !

Photos last digs and San Vincente and 4 mast sailing ship

Roger and the Memsahib

ps I hope you have enjoyed the report?

1 hour ago, rogerguzzi said:

4 minutes ago, Badwolf said:

Roger - Yes you can find out the number of views but I can't remember how to do it. Maybe Kevin can assist.

519, sorry 520 with this one.

Just go to the Forums he

Roger, looked a wonderful trip and glad you both enjoyed it.

You mentioned about running warm and I noticed  the number plate was quite high blocking the radiator. May be worth moving down on your next trip. 

Your pictures are very enjoyable with your comments.

Did you not do a similar trip a few years ago?

Thank you for sharing.

Graham

1 hour ago, Graham C said:

Roger, looked a wonderful trip and glad you both enjoyed it.

You mentioned about running warm and I noticed  the number plate was quite high blocking the radiator. May be worth moving down on your next trip. 

Your pictures are very enjoyable with your comments.

Did you not do a similar trip a few years ago?

Thank you for sharing.

Graham

Hello Graham

Spitty is ok normally it was the 40degs that was killing us all!

Yes we have done several trips and have been reported on here

we are looking at booking next year as the ferry times are on line now and discounted !!! 

If we can not go for any reason the money will not matter as we will be ill !

Roger

ps getting into a car lift 2 floors down

ps geimage.thumb.jpeg.f0ec14bb3f9352878435a2ae1d6d4394.jpegtting

On 29/06/2022 at 20:13, PeteH said:

Strange Jaquzi?. Good trip though, I liked driving through Spain, prefered it to France. Did you get to ride the new Ferries?. Big upgrade I am told from the Old Pont Avon?.

Pete

Hello Pete 

No we went on the old one as it is cheaper and only 24 hours now! (they have cut 12 hours off the crossing!!!)

That leaves more money for the important things like vino and Tapas?

Plus I agree I like Spain and find the people much nicer than the Frence and they have a lot more good motoring roads!

Roger

image.thumb.jpeg.39384a61ec00344cdd3c37e5b019c59e.jpeg

Hello All

I thought I would do a final round up of the trip!

So we were away for 21 days thats counting the drive down and back(but all part of the trip in an old car!)

So all the poor pensioner on here with sheds full of old cars and motorcyles that have to watch the pennies?

The total cost was as near as dam it £3500 = £165 per day

The Ferry was £840 the rest was petrol,digs and food and of course Vino!

As I said before we averaged 49mpg and just over 1/2 litre oil over the 1900 miles.

We think that is pretty good considering all the places we went and things we saw!

Roger and The Memsahib

ps we have booked the ferry for about the same time slot next year we work on the fact that we could get half our money back if one of us falls really ill and then rest would not matter at that stage? (£336)

pps we have only paid £672 this time as they are offering discounts(must be struggeling the get bums on seats?) so we have saved £168!!!! and we can change the dates if we want!

ppps I saw this in Lugo never seen a plumbers shop laid out like that in UK? and underground carpark and lift in Lugo

DSC03349.JPG

DSC03370.JPG

DSC03372.JPG

• Like 2

Ferretaria?. ( or one collegue called them "ferret shops"😂). Proper "old time" Hardware stores. Some you can spend days round and still keep discovering stuff long forgotten!.

BTW. that`s a damn good price for the crossing though.👍

Pete