GT6 & Vitesse WSM

Paul H

Just purchased from EBay a bound version of the GT6 and Vitesse WSM . The manual although bound has the 4 punch holes in all the pages so this might be for Library use as there’s a Manchester library mark  . Some of the pages open up . The bit I don’t understand that although Vitesse is mentioned on the cover there’s no references to Vitesse inside other than “Vitesse” being included in all the section headings 
The seller suggested it might be a dealers version. 
Despite no reference to the Vitesse there’s lots of valuable info that is useful and relevant . The rear setup is non rotoflex and a scribbled date says 67 

Any thoughts ?

D4E87507-D813-47C3-807C-61950C07CE9D.thumb.jpeg.47f26651ea19afc832e090ebacf0a3c1.jpeg

97B8ADA5-1E5B-4A3D-96A4-0DE6BC42260C.thumb.jpeg.586c74e752c0bacddefb957c61f7821c.jpeg

Paul

1967 was the introduction of the GT6 in the UK so rotoflex wouldn't have emerged yet. It will be a very early issue (any publication data near the front cover or first few pages?) so would be pretty basic regarding the GT6.

The Vitesse however had already been around for a few years, so I'll take a guess and reckon that's an update supplied to dealers - the cover now includes the GT6 as well as Vitesse and all of the 'new' information is for GT6 only; it's intended to be added to a existing Vitesse WSM as an update. You're supposed to have all the Vitesse sections already!

I have the later RED version that covers all models. I believe that it can be viewed on the club site. The back end is supposed to contain either the corrections, or the pages replaced by the 'Corrections'. However, PO muddled them all up, so it is a pain.

One mistake in it is that the lengths of the o/d and non o/d propshafts are transposed. Overdrive models have a shorter prop.

36 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

many triumph wsm do not have a pub  date 

all before the days of simple traceability and audits on who did what and when 

Pete

That is one of the problems these days with online product catalogues produced by maunfacturers.
They change items and there is no history to them where printed catalogues you could keep the past issue and have an ability tomback reference.
I have noticed this mainly with oil companies who seem to change oil specs every 6 months.
Rant over and hope it made sense

having been involved with audit standards over the years having a who and when was paramount in simple quality stds 

all part of do you do what you say you do and can you prove it 

they then introduced covid as an excuse to be totally incompetent 

more rant   Ha !