EXD 555J Vitesse Conv. Mk 2

Mike Exeter

Hi, I used to own this car in the 70’s. I started a restoration (and was a member of the TSSC as well) at that time but had to sell. Usual story, got married, had kids!

Anyway, I note it is still taxed and I wouldn’t be surprised if the owner is a TSSC member. I’d love to see it again and possibly buy it if it ever came up for sale.

Anybody out there know where it is??

Thanks.

Mike

IMG_7522.jpg

IMG_7523.jpg

Hi Mike

I know where this car is because I own it. It now lives in Felixstowe Suffolk. I bought it in May 1995. I have history for the car going back to its first MoT but was unable to find your name in any of the documentation. Do you recall which years you owned the car. My documentation indicate it came off the road in 1979 and didn’t go back on the road until 1990. Here are a few pictures of EXD.

I don’t currently have any plans to sell it, but if this should change in the future, I will let you know.

Let know if you would like to know anything else about this lovely car.

Regards, Peter

68CDAB2E-5B54-4EE7-AD3B-90FBEFF35B41.jpeg

24465CA6-E5EC-43ED-A25C-66EB38D7C41D.jpeg

ABB92CE2-7A74-4104-83F2-5856E8B93A23.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi Peter,

Thanks for responding. The car looks great and brings back happy memories. I can still hear that straight six! I owned the car from 1977 to about 1992 but you're right, I took it off the road in 1979. In hindsight a mistake. I made a good start on the restoration but then it all slowed down. It moved (in bits!) with me three times and I eventually sold it as a 'project'. 

A word of warning if you encounter any floods. I drove through a wall of water en route to a pub with some friends. On returning to the car park I saw an ominous puddle underneath. The water pressure had pushed back the plastic fan and it had cut a neat circular hole in the radiator! We came home on an AA trailer.

Anyway thanks for the offer to get in touch if you do ever decide to sell. My email is mikedaggett2@aol.com. I'd also be very keen to see it again so if you're doing any concourse etc. perhaps you could let me know?

Happy motoring.

Mike