GT6 door cards

dougbgt6

Doug.

I have no experience of this firm, but looking at their feedback they seem acceptable to others.

Looking at their listing for Vitesse door cards the company state their front door cards are single panel - the original (as far as I am aware) certainly on a Mk2 Vitesse have full length pockets on each door; mine certainly does.

Not owning a GT6, I do not know what the door panel comprises of.

Of note, if you have your rear panels to hand they will exchange and revamp so you get a set of four cards for that price - that is my understanding on reading the blurb.

At the bottom of all the blurb is says: All bespoke panels come with a £10 per panel restocking fee unless the panels are faulty as they can't generally be resold. What does that sentence mean ?? The £10 is included in the price OR added on to the price OR added to the rear panels if you have them made OR if you request them to make a panel not normally stocked or listed ???????????????????????????????

Can Newton Commercial assist ??

Just some observations.

Good luck.

Richard.

Thanks for that Richard, I have been on their web site and sussed most of that. I think the surcharge means you give them your cards, if the backing hardboard can't be revived they copy it for a new one and that's £10! 

My door cards are one piece but the top half is vinyl covered, the bottom a sort of tufted velour. No sign of the velour on their site plus I have a piece of chrome coloured plastic trim across the top which isn't mentioned. I'll give them a ring but carry on looking around.

It was just the lure of chestnut that attracted me but I'm getting ahead of myself, carpets first!

I have to say Doug that it is certainly worth investigating and as stated a lot of people are very happy with the products.

Be interested to know how you get on.

Regards.

Richard.

Thanks for that Richard, I have been on their web site and sussed most of that. I think the surcharge means you give them your cards, if the backing hardboard can't be revived they copy it for a new one and that's £10! 

My door cards are one piece but the top half is vinyl covered, the bottom a sort of tufted velour. No sign of the velour on their site plus I have a piece of chrome coloured plastic trim across the top which isn't mentioned. I'll give them a ring but carry on looking around.

It was just the lure of chestnut that attracted me but I'm getting ahead of myself, carpets first!

The Spitfire cards are plastic all the way down or carpet in a little patch at the front corner on late 1500s.  Whereas the upmarket GT6 had carpet along the bottom 5 inches or so, or velour to match the carpet in some aftermarket ones.