LV= ceases classic car insurance

Qu1ckn1ck

Been notified by my classic car insurer LV= (actually now just a front for Allianz) that they are ceasing classic car insurance
so from the expiry of my current cover in early September, I will need to find new insurers for my 1971 Triumph GT6 and my
1981 MGB GT LE.

My "everday" 2001 Ford Puma is also insured with LV= on a standard policy and I will probably transfer that
too to keep things tidy.

What a pain !

I spoke to Peter James about having my two Triumphs and modern on one policy last week. For the underwriters they deal with the minimum cost for something like that is approx £500, it’s more aimed at people with a lot of vehicles. Hopefully that saves you a phone call there!

im happy with the price for the new C4 and the 2000 all on one policy 

post codes are the killer at making country wide comparisions 

its the old if you dont ask ????

TR reg have a plan you can use its done via A Plan  classic cover    ive used them in the past 

Pete

• Like 1

I had the same problem with Peter James. Great for the Spit but when I mention the modern along with Lady BW's 'classic' Nissan Micra (X reg, 200 miles a year if it's lucky, 22,000 on the clock) they don't want to know but keep pushing multi car policies in their ads. I think that they just want to cherry pick the policies that they get the best commissions from