Once again: NOTHING on the website, only FB

Colin Lindsay

Guys - once again I have to ask: why is there nothing on the TSSC Website? Did you know TSSC HQ is holding an Open Day on Saturday 20th August? Free BBQ?

I didn't, until I checked Facebook and this came up by accident as FB think 'it might be of interest to me, based on my previous interests'. Otherwise, I'd never have known.

Nothing in the Events section on the official website, which in some sections is STILL running ads for Stafford as if it's going ahead normally, although at least they have put 'cancelled' in red across the ad in others.

Why is there this 'dual' attitude of official TSSC Website / Forum not important, FB is? We're not all on FB but anyone reading this is here, on the website. It's not good for the Club.

324582094_Screenshot2022-08-02at09_53_25.thumb.png.bd9057b90bc9d4d67868c95c8a225b3f.png

1 minute ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Guys - once again I have to ask: why is there nothing on the TSSC Website? Did you know TSSC HQ is holding an Open Day on Saturday 20th August? Free BBQ?

I didn't, until I checked Facebook and this came up by accident as FB think 'it might be of interest to me, based on my previous interests'. Otherwise, I'd never have known.

Nothing in the Events section on the official website, which in some sections is STILL running ads for Stafford as if it's going ahead normally, although at least they have put 'cancelled' in red across the ad in others.

Why is there this 'dual' attitude of official TSSC Website / Forum not important, FB is? We're not all on FB but anyone reading this is here, on the website. It's not good for the Club.

324582094_Screenshot2022-08-02at09_53_25.thumb.png.bd9057b90bc9d4d67868c95c8a225b3f.png

Colin, as this is rather "short notice" they could easily have sent an email out to all members. That would get 90+% of the membership? Likewise I worry a few people who don't see facebook etc etc could end up travelling to Stafford. Again, an email to all members to spread the news would be a sensible move.

There is a danger the club is heading towards being a facebook dominated group.

I also spotted the FB publicity. I totally agree anything that is worth putting on FB should also go on the forum. The forum is a much better medium for backtracking or being aware of something a day or two after the posting.

I now have local members who debate why pay a membership .,,,,,for what

they want to start a plan to just pay into the local area coffers as  they feel its better value 

most dont gain from the club and their support comes  from the local group   I dont support this idea and we would have to change our area rules we operate 

a no fee anyone is welcome  area , but the lack of basic  HQ  comunication is pretty awful    HQ can send bulk e mails  .  but someone has to write and push the buttons 

its not happening   

ps  still no clues on main website  NEWS   

Pete

2 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

they want to start a plan to just pay into the local area coffers as  they feel its better value 

Yeh, you only need one copy of the Courier, our non-members form a queue.

Doug

Dick the only one i see is the sept 3rd open day  , there is no  August  open day on News or August Club  events 

The Triumph Sports Six Club - Events (tssc.org.uk)

The Triumph Sports Six Club - News (tssc.org.uk)

good to keep bumping the advert but it seems Duxford is now a Club organised event      .......Really !!!!!!

yes they attend but ...organise     no way  

image.thumb.png.41ee337d4363039b356b37131dfec4fd.png

Pete

6 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

Dick the only one i see is the sept 3rd open day  , there is no  August  open day on News or August Club  events 

The Triumph Sports Six Club - Events (tssc.org.uk)

The Triumph Sports Six Club - News (tssc.org.uk)

good to keep bumping the advert but it seems Duxford is now a Club organised event      .......Really !!!!!!

yes they attend but ...organise     no way  

image.thumb.png.41ee337d4363039b356b37131dfec4fd.png

Pete

At the risk off getting into trouble, yet again, Pete's screen shot is a great example of DVD3500's point of having a well laid out web page. In my view this page is a mess. All the events are tiles, admittedly in date order with half a description which you then have to click on to read the rest. Why so messy? Just list the headings, line by line, date, event title, may e even a small grahic and a click link. You are going to have to click the link come what may as, in most cases there is only half a description so why is it so hard to make it easy on the eye. 

This email  has been  sent to all known email addresses, just recieved mine 

Hi all

The Text below will be sent to all members for whom we have a correct email address – however there are likely to be members in your Area who are not on email so the CoM would be most grateful if you could contact your local members who you think may not have heard from other Sources

You will also see below that We are organising an OPEN DAY at the Headquarters with Free BBQ on Saturday 20th August 10am – 4pm so hopefully you can spread the news locally.

Thanks ever so much

image.png.66a59c0ab56a46da7df9e015abe0aae3.png

It is with regret that we must inform our Members that the 2022 Triumph and MG Weekend, due to be held over the weekend of 19-21 August, has been cancelled  due in part to poor ticket pre-sales. This has been an incredibly hard decision to make.

We are however having an Open Day at Lubenham HQ on Sat 20th August with a free BBQ from 10 am to 4pm.

2 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

This email  has been  sent to all known email addresses, just recieved mine 

You're closer to them than me which probably explains why mine hasn't arrived yet. . 🙄

nothing to do with me but its worth checking HQ  do have your current Email address on file

just log in to the main site ( not the same as the forum login ) and click edit profile   you can add/update  your email 

Peteimage.thumb.png.4a2af9cfa5ff2408919d94c6332ceb2d.png

6 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

nothing to do with me but its worth checking HQ  do have your current Email address on file

Pete

In my case I just checked what was on the membership renewal page of the web site. Correct email.

27 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

just log in to the main site ( not the same as the forum login ) and click edit profile   you can add/update  your email 

Peteimage.thumb.png.4a2af9cfa5ff2408919d94c6332ceb2d.png

Pete I don't get teh offer of viewing my profile. Which is naughty, GDPR demands I can see/change my details.

tssc login.jpg

Just now, Pete Lewis said:

so  the AO admin sign in give preferential access to profile 

awe heck  Clive  we're Doombed 

It could be a problem elsewhere. The website is pretty useless. But I believe an user should be able to see their profile. 

Essentially the website is not fit for purpose. Ho hum.