Pete Lewis

22 hours ago, KevinR said:

This is supposed to be the J

This is supposed to be the Jokes section, not the REALITY section.

This is how I have to dress to hold my cats whilst SWMBO uses a pill insertion tool to get the worming tablet down their throats.

Looks sweet and innocent, doesn't she !

Apron 2.jpg

I don't want to be seen to be gloating here, but I just put the worming tablet on the floor, surrounded by a couple of Dreamies  (or The most addictive substance known to cats) and all 3 of them dutifully eat the pills.

My vet was having terrible trouble trying to get a pill down my cat's throat.

He had tools and a few swear words but no luck

I offered to do it.

Place hand over the top of the cats head, Grasp the upper jaw just behind the incisor teeth - and lift.

The lower jaw stays put. 

You can now pop the pill in its mouth and push it as far back as you can.

Not too many scars !!

The vet was impressed

Roger

To stop the scrabbling with their feet to make a runner wrap them in a towel with its head popping out

A TC Electronic Steel Panther Pussy Melter on Ebay

TC Electronic are a highly regarded guitar pedal manufacturer, but what were they thinking with this?!! 

Notice the input jack is labelled "Stick it in" 

It only ran for a couple of months and had to be withdrawn (:lol:) due to public outrage amongst Heavy Metal Fans (?!! :o)

Original price around £40? Starting bid now £300!

rudepedal.PNG.71ac83c887d3412bc048e4410da0f169.PNG

Doug

On 06/07/2021 at 09:28, RogerH said:

My vet was having terrible trouble trying to get a pill down my cat's throat.

He had tools and a few swear words but no luck

I offered to do it.

Place hand over the top of the cats head, Grasp the upper jaw just behind the incisor teeth - and lift.

The lower jaw stays put. 

You can now pop the pill in its mouth and push it as far back as you can.

Not too many scars !!

The vet was impressed

Roger

To stop the scrabbling with their feet to make a runner wrap them in a towel with its head popping out

I would be VERY careful with that exploit, Roger!

A couple of months ago, my cat bit me.     She snapped at my hand, and one tooth JUST broke the skin.   I washed and dressed it, even put some iodine on it, but 24 hours later, I had ascending cellulitis up my arm - evidence of a spreading infection that my body could barely fight.    Untreated, cellulitis could lead to a suppurating arm and loss of fingers or even the hand, and did, in the olden days.     

I took myself to A&E and bless them, they sprang into action, saying that cat bites are even worse for infection than human bites - dog bites are easy!    I spent the night in hospital on intravenous antibiotics - they took it that seriously! - and by mouth for the rest of the week, curing the infection.        Don't treat a cat bite lightly!

John

Many years ago as a kid we had a cat and it was a really lovely gentle thing with other people and particularly kids and babies.  Even when a baby tugged it’s fur, the worst it would do is pad them away with sheathed claws. 

But if i egged it on it would go for me and scratch and claw me mercilessly. And bite from memory. And although I would have welts on my arms and tooth marks I never had a reaction that I know of.  Have all my limbs intact still anyway. 

1 hour ago, JohnD said:

I would be VERY careful with that exploit, Roger!

Don't treat a cat bite lightly!

John

Just in case, we had the cat put down. Ir won;t do that again.:o

Actually it was put down but a couple of years after the pill incident.  The poor thing came down with Diabetes and the vet thought it a good idea to give a a coupe of jabs per day at what ever cost (plus profit)

It was 13 years old and the end was drawing in.

I still miss the silly thing after 11 years.

Roger

Our cat had its front claws removed (was common back then) so when I played with her she would hold my arms as best she could and scratch with her rear claws. She scratched me so bad I was called to the school social worker because either I was self/harming or my parents were abusing me.... it took a LOT of convincing before they believed me...

Still... better they get one false alarm than miss a bad case...

3 hours ago, JohnD said:

Don't treat a cat bite lightly!

I took one of ours to the vet several years ago to have a tooth removed. The vet put the tooth in a dish and I in all innocence picked it up to look at it. The vet snatched it out of my hand and told me it would be swarming with bacteria, he sprayed something onto my hands to be sure. So yes a cat's bite can be risky.

5 hours ago, poppyman said:

52233.jpg

A couple of days ago, I was looking for a specific tape from my huge collection which hadn't seen the light of day for some years.......  BIC biro was used several times.   (How did they know that they would be the exact shape for winding the tape?...)

Eventually found the tape, Slade at Reading in 1980.    And despite expectations, they were not a joke!

21 minutes ago, PeteH said:

There`s nothing like the old one`s. 🤣

I like the Italian sense of humour. On tv try Montalbano or The Mafia only Kills in Summer (this is superb on Walter Presents C4). Both have darker then very funny moments. 

Iain