Pete Lewis

5 hours ago, dougbgt6 said:

666 the Number of The Beast? I'm told it's a mistake in translation and the number is actually 616.

All twaddle of course.

Doug

I'm not superstitious its just unlucky.

17 hours ago, dougbgt6 said:

I'm thinking of taking this one back, something not right with it.

antclock.PNG.4066e611bbdf843108343adb7a064e47.PNG

db

Back in the 80`s, they where "marketed" as Irish Clocks. Doubt you`d get away with that in to-days P-C World.😁

666. Come`s from Revelations. (I think). In the context of the "man". (Devil).

Pete

4 hours ago, PeteH said:

Back in the 80`s, they where "marketed" as Irish Clocks. Doubt you`d get away with that in to-days P-C World.😁

666. Come`s from Revelations. (I think). In the context of the "man". (Devil).

Pete

Re the clock, i was told they were a "barbers" clock put opposite the mirror.

Tony.

34 minutes ago, poppyman said:

Re the clock, i was told they were a "barbers" clock put opposite the mirror.

For that to work you'd need the numbers to be mirror-printed.

It's actually a "mathematician's" clock - one of my old maths teachers had one in his classroom. When measuring angles, one always starts from zero being horizontally to the right, and measures the angle upwards. This means that a positive angle is "anti-clockwise". Logically, then, all "normal" clocks are wrong, and they should turn the other way.

1 hour ago, Mathew said:

IMG-20211011-WA0016.thumb.jpg.85467a786f0507026b1b4ff3171507ee.jpg

That would be even more funny?. If not SO close to the truth!. The guy who used to do my MOT`s etc; had his Stolen, The replacement cost was horrendous!, ran into several thousands of pounds. The scumbags just about ruined his business. Jack`s Air tools, They left the compressor, only because it was bolted to the deck!.

Pete

2 hours ago, PeteH said:

That would be even more funny?. If not SO close to the truth!. The guy who used to do my MOT`s etc; had his Stolen, The replacement cost was horrendous!, ran into several thousands of pounds. The scumbags just about ruined his business. Jack`s Air tools, They left the compressor, only because it was bolted to the deck!.

Pete

That was one reason i never bought Snap-on when i had my business unless was special that made the job easier. Friends with full or a lot of Snap_on were always getting broken in to. They are nice tools, just sadly not worth the problems that went with them. I wondered sometimes how "straight" the franchise owner was.....

Tony.