Pete Lewis

On 03/08/2020 at 11:17, poppyman said:

A new and easy test for COVID-19 doing the rounds. Take a glass and pour your favourite spirit, then see if you can smell it. If you can then you are halfway there. Then drink it and if you can taste it then it is reasonable to assume you are currently free of the virus. I tested myself nine times last night and was virus free every time, thank goodness. I will have to test myself again today, as I have a headache, which can also be one of the symptoms!!!

That's all very well but you are only testing a narrow range of smell and taste. You need to do what I did yesterday : end of afternoon a beer, with evening meal red wine and as a night cap Irish whisky. Variety is the spice of life. 😁

1 hour ago, Chris A said:

That's all very well but you are only testing a narrow range of smell and taste. You need to do what I did yesterday : end of afternoon a beer, with evening meal red wine and as a night cap Irish whisky. Variety is the spice of life. 😁

I think Colin will now blank you Chris......

Tony. 

4 minutes ago, poppyman said:

No Chris, you spelt Irish Whiskey without the "E" :)  I'm told they don't like that.....

Tony.

I'm blaming that devil's invention spell check. I thought l had overwritten it. To make amends I'll drink a double tonight. French measure of course 🥃

3 hours ago, poppyman said:

I think Colin will now blank you Chris......

Tony. 

You buy the stuff to drink, not to spell. If you can spell it, you haven't drunk enough of it.

I'm a vodka man, myself... although having said that I drank some 'Artisanal' vodka last week, no idea who Arti is but that's what it tasted like.

37 minutes ago, SpitFire6 said:

Russian Standard Vodka. The best.

1000mL & no hangover the next day. Do not drive through.
I liked it so much I married one.

Never been so drunk that I married a bottle of vodka, but I've heard of it happening.

However: here we have evidence of the partnership between (Russian) Standard and Triumph:

russian_7850.jpg.e5dd3ee9d553047aede247f9b3392b29.jpg

5 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Never been so drunk that I married a bottle of vodka, but I've heard of it happening.

However: here we have evidence of the partnership between (Russian) Standard and Triumph:

russian_7850.jpg.e5dd3ee9d553047aede247f9b3392b29.jpg

This is the best!
Thank you for this.

3 hours ago, 68vitesse said:

Don't want any of that metric stuff on here, stick to pints.

Regards

Paul

Years ago in Iceland, the country not the shop, we let a local have a glass of Scotch ,see avoided having to spell whisk(e)y, completely out of his skull. On the other hand 2 of us drank a whole bottle of local spirit and waited for it to take effect, nothing happened 😒 l think it was called Black Death.

True to my word I have a glass of Irish in front of me that must be over a gill 🙄