Pete Lewis

Three guys playing golf on Christmas morning. First one says it cost me fortune to get out today, I had to buy my wife a diamond bracelet. That's nothing, I had to buy her a new car, said the second. The third looks smug and said "when we woke up I asked 'golf course or intercourse' she said it'll be chilly best take your hat'"

On 08/10/2020 at 18:44, SpitFire6 said:

41583.jpg

I’m not the brightest here (when someone tells a joke, I get  the punchline and laugh ten minutes after everyone else) , so be kind  - I know It is awful to explain a joke but .. Is this an Argentina flag cake and  grandad, isn’t really “ Juan “ but a German hence “Kurt “ and the German  themed flag  cake is  hidden under the icing ?

Is this a humorous reference about the Nazi war criminals  who escaped justice and ended up  in Argentina ?

Or am I  just missing something ?

Anybody interested in a free ride in a helicopter for 4 people?! 
I'm looking for 2 more people to join us on Saturday 24th October. We leave early morning from Biggin Hill airfield and will fly to The river Avon where we will have breakfast and then yacht down the river for lunch.
We’ll have another flight along the coastline before returning back home.
If interested please pm me...

Preferably someone with a helicopter and yacht, otherwise we can't go.

Paul

1 hour ago, dougbgt6 said:

I believe it’s a cake made in expectation of Lionel  Messi’s ill fated move to Bayern Munich. 😊

db

Ah, yes.. Obvious  now you’ve explained.. football.

( WW 2 war criminals hiding  in  Argentina didn’t seem a very funny explanation.)

As I said, I am rather slow.

Thank you.

13 minutes ago, Unkel Kunkel said:

Ah, yes.. Obvious  now you’ve explained.. football.

( WW 2 war criminals hiding  in  Argentina didn’t seem a very funny explanation.)

As I said, I am rather slow.

Thank you.

You are on good company Unkel I didn’t get the joke either 

Paul 

1 minute ago, Paul H said:

You are on good company Unkel I didn’t get the joke either

I still don't get the joke even with an explanation. Unless the football fact was simply a prompt for somebody to drag up the war criminals and fail to be funny by implying that footballers and war criminals are somehow the same thing?

NM,

OK, what I think the cake means:

In Scotland we say "See you Jimmy! :angry: You see me? :angry:"

In England we say "Hello John, got a new motor?"

In Spain we say "Hello Juan, is your donkey chorizo yet?"

An Argentinian, Lionel Messi is/was the greatest football player in the World. He plays for a Spanish club, Barcelona where he has the generic name, Juan. He doesn't want to play for Barcelona anymore and was rumoured to be moving to a German club Bayern Munich, where he would become Kurt.  The cake symbolized that all though he is Argentinian his heart is now German.

Simples? 

db

19 hours ago, Unkel Kunkel said:

I’m not the brightest here (when someone tells a joke, I get  the punchline and laugh ten minutes after everyone else) , so be kind  - I know It is awful to explain a joke but .. Is this an Argentina flag cake and  grandad, isn’t really “ Juan “ but a German hence “Kurt “ and the German  themed flag  cake is  hidden under the icing ?

Is this a humorous reference about the Nazi war criminals  who escaped justice and ended up  in Argentina ?

Or am I  just missing something ?

I believe so. 

Yes the caption was added to the original photo concerning football stuff. Thus making the original meme totally different & amusing IMHO.

Nazi's all dead now even Juan AKA Kurt. The old ones I met must have died of all old age by now. Never paid for a Schnapps!