Pete Lewis

2 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Love the one about bottled water... just before I retired I was the only one who didn't carry a bottle of water about with me all day and suck at it every 30 seconds like some kind of comforter.

I reckon it all still comes out of the tap, though.

Now everyone is clutching a container full of Costa coffee.  We meet them on our walks miles from the nearest coffee shop.  What is that all about ?

If they go more than a mile from home they leave a trail by the roadside to find their way home again.

My local road is an absolute disgrace with litter at present, all coffee cups and takeaway containers from the Deli in the garage in the next town. Buy your brekkie, eat it in four miles, and dump the rubbish out on my stretch of road...

During the 90's bottled water became the rage and there were suppliers just filling bottles from the tap after removing the Cl2, fluoride is too difficult to remove, BUT there was one innovative company who used spring water they went into our Melbourne water catchments (Great Dividing Range) and filled from an unadulterated natural spring that solely supplied one of our farms then bottled it & believe it or not it was shipped to the UK to be sold at the top restaurants!

Our Water Quality people had some Melb Water bottled to take to a conference as freebe's, but before they could be distributed our legals pulled the samples in case someone had it analysed and could find some undesirables in there! Now Melb is supposed to have some of the best natural catchment water in the world with still a large % of unfiltered supply from the massive catchments which are CLOSED to human access and intervention. 

1 hour ago, Peter Truman said:

During the 90's bottled water became the rage and there were suppliers just filling bottles from the tap after removing the Cl2, fluoride is too difficult to remove, BUT there was one innovative company who used spring water they went into our Melbourne water catchments (Great Dividing Range) and filled from an unadulterated natural spring that solely supplied one of our farms then bottled it & believe it or not it was shipped to the UK to be sold at the top restaurants!

Our Water Quality people had some Melb Water bottled to take to a conference as freebe's, but before they could be distributed our legals pulled the samples in case someone had it analysed and could find some undesirables in there! Now Melb is supposed to have some of the best natural catchment water in the world with still a large % of unfiltered supply from the massive catchments which are CLOSED to human access and intervention. 

Why do you think drinking water is treated with halogens?

When I worked at the London Olympics, behind the scenes, bottled water was freely available from iced tubs.  Can't recall the brand

But if you took one with you when you went 'out front', it would be confiscated!     The company had not paid the Olympic Committee their product placement fee, so their bottles could not be anywhere TV cameras might see them.      But the athletes and staff needed water,  it was very warm in the Aquatic Centre, so special unbranded bottles were available 'front of house'!

John

12 hours ago, Peter Truman said:

At least in the UK/EU "Bottled water" is just that, "water that's in a bottle".  "Spring water" must come from a natural underground source, while "Natural minteral water" is spring water that has the same properties when it comes out the bottle as it did when it went in (you can add or remove minerals from spring water).

As a result bottled water IS just tab water put in a bottle - and if you're the Coca-Cola company, with added carcinogens (Dasani)!