Show us you car

Darren Groves

Here's my Herald, just before setting off to Donington, it's a work in progress as you can see.  It seems to be known as 'that multicoloured Herald' but in time for this year's show I managed to get the rear valances painted in Wedgewood Blue, rather than just left in orange primer.

I'm on the right and I've known this car all my life.  The photograph was taken in the street where I grew up and the bungalow in the background is that of the car's first owner.  It was then owned by both my Grandfathers in the 1970s and 80s before being sold on to new owners in Hertfordshire, Leicester and Coventry.

Found advertised by Rimmers as a restoration project in 2002, I just had to have it back.  It's been a steep learning curve getting the rotten body and chassis up to MOT standards, and plenty still to do.  I'll happily resubmit my project write-up if a section for "Your Projects" appears in this forum.

Pleased to see the forum up and running again -thanks to those that made it possible.,

Stuart

post-50-0-45620400-1408047456_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Good idea Darren, however for us members with a serial Triumph disorder, this should not be titled show us your car, it should be show us your carS.

Anyway, fortunately I'm not too severely afflicted by Triumphitis and I only currently have two of the buggers :-)

My GT6 Mk3, owned for 26 years, driven extensively, it's never gonna be concours but it is a tidy and fairly well sorted example

IMG_7717+reduced.jpg

Then there is my other Triumph, "The Flying Log" a Dolly 1500HL purchased last year so I can still attend Triumph events with the kids as a single parent as they wont both fit into the GT6. The "Log" will also be my Club Triumph Round Britain Run car this year. Its a solid reliable car and has only covered 51,000 documented miles from new but could do with a bit of attention to a rear wing that was poorly repaired and the paintwork.

blogger-image-48345945.jpg

• Like 1

Good morning all - I'm new to the TSSC, but not to the world of Triumph, having been involved with the (P)TSCC* in an old colony, far, far away! My two favourites are my first Triumph, a white '64 Spitfire 4, and a tasty '73 yellow (Mimosa) GT6 Mk3. Grumbles .... no longer have either!

Alright, alright ... around 1990 or so, I also thoroughly enjoyed my 2500 TC Mk2 automatic. Armed with some 'super-slip non-grip' General R-280 radials (yes, 185/80 13s), it was a surprisingly capable long-distance carryall. And did I mention driftable at the prod of a pedal? I digress ... 

DSC03725

Annoyingly, my '71 TR6 lives across the Big Water in the south of the US ... under the care of my retired dad for now. Long story there. The TR is a long way from perfect, though looks nice'n shiny when photographed, but was (is?) meant to be put through a proper resto sometime. Hah. To keep? Or to pass on in favour of my true wish - a solid GT6 Mk3 ... or probably better still seeing as I am getting soft, a Stag. (Heck, a forrin' V8 by Rover or a Triumph straight six also OK ... restoration to TV8 would happen in time). O the woes!

DSC03821

DSCN1606

DSCN1601

DSCN1451

DSCN1605

My TSCC (of SA) enamel badge ... one of two.

If I whip myself into a frothy of action, I'll scan in some more photos of Triumphs past. Need to find 'em first though! Somewhere ... somewhere ... 

*detective work, if the clue's not working for you!

Best etc etc,

Paul 

here we go again.

this is my 1959 herald coupe. been on this restorasion since 1980. since then it's done 7 mile in and out of verius garages.

after the resent rest of 5 years restoring our tudor house I'm back on the coupe.....maybe this time... when the house is finished ,

being packed up ready for the move to the new Old house..coupe350GKJ.jpg.f2d43e02a8ee125b34576289b80b45c1.jpg

This is back in 1980, about a week after I got it. still had a months mot and tax

scan001a.jpg.4aa2733ce77951f876d82cf6f1f54600.jpg

Hi Mike - i nearly gave up..... in the end i created a Flickr account and uploaded the picture. Once uploaded their was an ability to 'Share' (picture of an arrow) the photograph.

When i chose that you get 3 options - link, Html or BBCode - of which i found that BBCode looked the best bet 9and you can choose the image size)

I Copied the whole string from the window in Flikr  , but it didn't work as expected, so i then tried using everything enclosed by the first and second tags - the forum does seem to like me showing an example i'm afraid! 

This seemed to work OK - i'd imagine Photbucket has a similar share/export type function 

In Cookie's case he has probably just added to separate  URL's  within the same forum post

hope this is of some use

.... Andy

Took me about 4 attempts, but had success by creating a folder in the "Gallery" (on menu at top of page), uploaded photo into my folder, selected and right-clicked on the photo, selected "direct link to this image file". This leads you to a page with just this photo, copy the address in the er... address bar at the top of your browser. Return to the "Show Us Your Car" message, select "reply to this topic". Write your blurb in the box and then select the image icon in the middle of the bottom row of the toolbar. Paste the address of your photo you copied earlier, and hey presto you should have attached your photo? You may have to resize the photo if it is too large, (free programs are available on the main TSSC site to do this).

If anyone has a quicker solution please let me know!

Alex