Broken down TR2?

Being in a bit of an unusual quandry by virtue of both cars being serviceable with no planned work outstanding (at the moment) I ripped the lid off the Spit and did a little circuit (44 miles) from Stratton to Hungerford, to Marlborough and back to Stratton. As I was passing the A420 to A419 entry slip road at the prescribed speed limit, I saw what at a glance appeared to be a TR2 with bonnet up beside the slip road. Hope that it wasn't any of you lot! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to go back and offer any help as I had to collect grandchildren from school.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, 68vitesse said:

Would get out and about but convertible not suitable for this "wonderful" spring weather, perhaps I should get a boat.

Regards

Paul.

If they try to tell me it was the warmest June since records began, I'll wonder why I had to light the stove last Sunday as it was Baltic.

11 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

f they try to tell me it was the warmest June since records began, I'll wonder why I had to light the stove last Sunday as it was Baltic.

It is - in India.

This morning I did think do I need to put the heater on in the conservatory for breakfast, but my mean side won out 

Greece and Turkey, are aparently experiencing <40C currently?. As one poor guy found out for himself over the last few days, a British Doctor to boot I understand too?. Our C-H keeps cutting in in the early AM, which is not usual for this time of year. Only 14C current outside at <5pm. Herself, really feels the cold, since they put her on blood thinners.

Pete

I worked in the garage yesterday here in Melb temp 14C damned cold took a while for the paint to dry. Ave temps this time of year are around the 14C with overnight 8 to 12C, we've turned our gas C H off as nowadays to expensive cost doubled in 3 years, but are using the reverse cycle air conditioners as heat (up to 4 of them) and it's halved our cost, temp wise on a par but we only heat the rooms we are using, not the whole house! 

Heading up to the daughters on the coast near the NSW/Vic border tomorrow, daytime generally a degree or 2 warmer but night a couple of degrees colder, bug**r the motel room notice "pls use heater/AC sparingly" at $200/day I'm staying warm, esp right on the ocean front. I'm taking a bootfull of Spitfire spares with me for her stock, so I've been sorting thro what's Spit and Vitesse in my garage, eg new soft top, water pumps, hoses galore, Monroe air shocks for the rear, heater motors, spare new Lucas 15ACR Alternator, spare rebuilt starters, set of new OS Spit pistons, 4:11 diff, plus plus etc. She's now got a full sized double garage attached to the house and a 30 by 20 foot portal framed shed, so she's happy to take the spares, I might have to buy some more shelving tho! The J type 3 rail gearbox too big so next time. All this extra space I'll have I might have to start a new project = more spares, does it ever stop?

I agree when they say it's the hottest X month since Y year, I wonder how they measure it ie ave temp or just the max reached on that day, the nights seem colder and I can remember warmer temps at that time of year. I think they choose the figure to justify the argument!! Managing Melbourne's water supply including the harvesting I can remember drier and warmer autumn, winter, spring periods.