June Courier still not arrived on 11th June

Cookie

2 hours ago, dougbgt6 said:

I am also concerned that 30 people at the AGM make this decison for several thousand. 

Doug

Thats easy Doug

Come to the Agm and make it 31 every member has the right to come and vote at the Agm 

On 11/07/2024 at 11:38, JohnD said:

My copy arrived in good time, and I've been reading it, with pleasure.  Congrats to the new Editor Paul Guinness!

And I find two items of especial interest to me.

First the Chairman's column, where he announces that overseas members will get a digital version of the Courier if they wish, and that the same may be available to UK members if this year's AGM so approves.  The objection has always been a trivial increase in subscription due to an accounting dodge involving, I think, VAT, and the Chairman warns that overseas postage of the paper version will incur increased subscriptions.  " A prophet is not without honour except in his own country, among his own relatives, and in his own house" but I am delighted to see this happen as I was advocating it ten years ago. 

But from welcome if delayed changes, to blatant joy riding.   The very next page of the July Courier is entitled "Support from the FBHVC"     Yes,  the Federation of British Historic Vehicle Clubs has been lobbying the Government about Q registrations.    But when the TSSC is neither a member of the FBHVC nor makes any contribution to their work, to include such a report is shameful.     Maybe Paul Guinness doesn't know that the TSSC has refused to pay the per member subscription to the FBHVC, but he does now.

John

John as you know we have spoken about Fbhvc membership many times and the member’s at the Agm have now voted twice NOT to rejoin the Fbhvc.

The article was to let member’s know about Q registration plates.

Paul Guinness our editor is fully aware we are not Fbhvc member’s 

On the contrary.

Paul tells me that he did not know that the TSSC has refused to join the FBHVC.   When I asked him if it was right to include in the Courier, information and enterprise by an organisation that the Club  did not belong to, he thought that the Q-reg report was of interest to TSSC members.  Which it is, but that doesn't make right that the TSSC is thereby taking advantage of the FBHVC's generosity without giving anything in return. 

Yes, the TSSC AGM has voted not to join the FBHVC, apparently on the advice of the CoM.  Their argument has been that the cost of FBHVC membership for clubs of over 64 members is 47 pence per member.   The membership of the TSSC is not publicised but more than 64, so that membership would cost a little over £2000, at 47 pence per member.

John

Edited by JohnD

9 hours ago, Triumph948 said:

Thats easy Doug

Come to the Agm and make it 31 every member has the right to come and vote at the Agm 

Most amusing 948.  A polatician's answer. Why don't you do what poloticians do and negociate a deal with FBHBC?

Doug

4 hours ago, 68vitesse said:

And 650 make decisions for nearly 67,000,000.

Not really, they all promise the earth and then do what they like and impose what they want on people anyway. Starmer and Sunak, two cheeks of the same arse.

S

10 hours ago, dougbgt6 said:

Most amusing 948.  A polatician's answer. Why don't you do what poloticians do and negociate a deal with FBHBC?

Doug

Hi Doug,

I am no politician!

We have spoken to the Fbhvc on numerous occasions all the way up to the president Sir David Steele.

The Tssc has now not been a member of the Fbhvc for over ten years and have saved well over £30k in subscriptions to no detriment to the Tssc as far as I am aware.

The Tssc has not refused to be a member of the Fbhvc, we just cannot justify being a member at this time when the club needs to be spending membership money on more beneficial things for the Tssc and we do not want to put up subscriptions.

It is difficult enough to keep the running of the Tssc on an even keel with every outgoing going up as everyone else is having to live with in their own homes/ businesses.

We have had major discussions at the last two Agm’s and both times the membership have voted unanimously not to rejoin at that time.

Hope this makes it a bit clearer 

Chris Gunby

Tssc chairman 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...