New battery coding

I think the hardest part with doing that Richee is getting the right OBD tool! Theres so many and with such a range of prices, many with vague descriptions of what they'll do, which codes they read and on which makes. Argggggh

16 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

I am grey haired for a reason but it's surprising I haven't torn it all out in frustration at computers. I'm off to the mainland at end of October for a week in York, via the most expensive ferry in the world. (£388 return for 40 miles?????)

Tesco do an offer where ClubCard points can be doubled for cash so 50 points = £100 off Stena. Tesco send a code to your e-mail whereby you can then enter the code on the Stena website for the discount. I went to log in to my Yahoo mail for the Tesco code, but Yahoo claim it's suspicious activity on a 'new computer' (I've used this one for five years now) and want a second log-in option, preferably by mobile phone on the number ending in 615. Mine ends in 665? Yahoo therefore locks me out. I try my BT e-mail for Tesco: "That e-mail is already registered." YES I KNOW BECAUSE IT'S ME. It's registered with them but I cannot use it.

Ok. Second step: create a new e-mail just for Tesco. I'll try an Apple iCloud e-mail. I have to give it permission for my location, my documents, my downloads, my apps and the type of toilet paper I prefer. Then it asks me to choose a user name. Every permutation is already taken. EVERY ONE. "triumphheralddriverwithablueliftandredsocks"... already taken. "triumphdriverwithawhitecarandbrokenoilpump"... already taken. I start to make names up. Spiderwebsarcophagus..... starlightlawnmower.... catscratchbinlid... birddroppingonlamppost...  all taken? SERIOUSLY????? So I go to the Apple Help forum this morning and it tells me I cannot create an iCloud email because I'm "USING A DEVICE THAT ONLY CONNECTS TO iCLOUD VIA THE WEB" How on earth does anyone else connect? Royal Mail? A long string?

I go back to Yahoo just now and it logs in first time, same as it always does. It even shows my correct telephone number. I hate these things. Must book the ferry before it locks me out again.

the most expensive ferry in the world. (£388 return for 40 miles?????)

Colin, the Isle of Wight Ferries are about £100 return for three miles each way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, johny said:

I think the hardest part with doing that Richee is getting the right OBD tool! Theres so many and with such a range of prices, many with vague descriptions of what they'll do, which codes they read and on which makes. Argggggh

I started with OBD devices when I had to replace the engine and it`s ECU in a 90`s Punto. back then it was "MultiECUscan" software downloaded onto a laptop. I now have one by iCarsoft. which will read up to 10 vehicles if you download the sofware. It`s already paid for itself on two Sprinter based Motorhomes, by not having to pay Mercedes £80+Vat each time. It also resets errors on the Peugeot 107 too.

Pete

On 08/09/2024 at 18:21, Colin Lindsay said:

Yes but the IOW ferry has never cost me a penny. :)

I have used it to visit friends and have 'Cheap' Winter breaks. The Freshwater to Portsmouth one was terrifying on one return trip with a South Easterly gale blowing and the tide racing against it. Everything was falling off shelves with the thing corkscrewing setting of loads of vehicle alarms. The Lymington one is equally terrifying in a South Westerly.

When I go now, I use the Red Funnel one as it is larger.