Bio Fuel for Classics

Eric Smith

The main problem with Bio fuel is that we either grow plants to produce it instead of growing  plants for food. Same as using water to produce hydrogen in a area in drought.

Already we are paying farmers more to have solar farms than producing food.

It would be better to use waste products to produce fuel. Crap and compost!

If you use old chip oil in your diesel, it will smell of what was cooked in it before and give the game away.

On farms long ago, my old uncles etc poured waste oil into diesel tractor fuel tanks and used it in two stroke mowers. No wonder they died young.

3 hours ago, Wagger said:

It would be better to use waste products to produce fuel. Crap and compost!

Around here there are a growing number of farms the use their waste and produce methane which they then use as gas or to generate electricity.

49 minutes ago, johny said:

yes but people seemed to forget masks were more to stop the droplets of an infected person coming out rather than the virus getting in☹️

That's true; it was stated at the time it was to prevent the spread the virus from infected people, not to stop uninfected people catching it. We still have people walking round our local town with facemasks on, claiming they don't want to catch it.

We also have incredibly obnoxious people stating that we should all wear them as they hate others' bad breath or poor teeth. Most of those would benefit from a full-face mask themselves. 

• Haha 2

In NYC a few weeks ago it was mostly non-white people wearing them (and latex gloves as well) ...  I heard of some conspiracy theory that they were afraid of being "wiped out" by white people... Based on my relatives in Kentucky I think them there white folks is gonna be wipin' them thar selves out before...

😄

On 30/08/2024 at 16:50, Colin Lindsay said:

This is THE big problem. No matter what fuel we come up with, if it saves the driver money, the Gov will tax it so that it doesn't.

London has floated the idea of charging EVs per mile to make up some of the lost revenue from ICE`s, they`ll probably have another faux consultation as they did with ULEZ, they already have the infrastructure, and then do exactly what they want anyway, and not just EV`s, coming to a town near you soon, the next money grab.

I would charge Prius`s a million pounds a mile.

S

• Like 1

On 01/09/2024 at 20:47, Chris A said:

Around here there are a growing number of farms the use their waste and produce methane which they then use as gas or to generate electricity.

The Methane produced, unless subjected to rigorous "cleaning", contains several "nasties" one of which is highly corrosive sulphur, which when burned produces Sulphuric acid, as a condesate.

Pete

Edited by PeteH