Help - Park Lane

Adrian

Hello All

I've been talking to Owen at Park Lane over the last 2 months or so regarding refurbishing my GT6 MK3 interior, initially door cards but then additional trim and seat covers. I've been waiting for his leather price list after chasing on two occasions, he doesn't seem to answer emails and was due to visit me for advice on two occasions and didn't turn up (he only lives 7 miles away).

Now don't get me wrong he seems to be a very nice chap who seems to be too busy with his successful business of which I've read nothing but good reviews. As he hadn't responded I decided to just order some bog standard heritage boards. I've just received a refund today with a note saying he had a heart attack last week and was in hospital so was unsure when he could fulfil the order.

So firstly it is a heads up for you chaps who have current orders with him and secondly whilst I very much like the quality and prices of his products have you any suggestions on alternative suppliers, although I don't think any of the main alternative suppliers could compete with Owens prices. Should I try and get the raw material from him and have a go at making them myself?

Thanks

Adrian

Owen famously rarely responds to emails, but this is very sad news. I hope he makes a swift recovery. He made the foams for my seats and I am very pleased with them. I had thought I'd buy his leather covers at some point, I'd rather get them from him than elsewhere.

As to getting the materials and doing it yourself, it's a skilled job and the opportunity to make a mess of it is pretty large.

• 1 year later...
54 minutes ago, John Bonnett said:

For sure. Thank you for the heads up. I've just dropped Owen an email wishing him well. His work is to the highest standard and above all he's a very nice chap. 

I second that - will dig out his email addy and send him a note too.

Thanks for highlighting, Badwolf.

Gully

Last time when he got back to work he put a message on the site saying he was "concentrating on big jobs to get his cash flow going, so please be patient". I had just bought some vinyl  headrest covers from Rimmers recently introduced in my colour, chestnut. So I ordered some headrest foams from Owen and THEN noticed the message. Panic! Headrest foams are clearly not a big job. I wrote a grovelling apology email "please ignore my order, I'll wait till you're ready. " He phoned me up!  He was insistent,  "No problem don't worry, I'll fit your order in."  Great bloke! I wish him well and hope he's back at  it soon.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone been in direct contact with Owen since his scheduled operation? His web site is unchanged after his posting about closing for two weeks from 13th September. Hope he is ok. I can understand him taking longer off work but it would be good to know how he is.

Hi all

I dropped Owen a line yesterday and he has just responded saying he hopes all heart health issues will be sorted after the op. He's working 50% and has updated his webpage. Fingers crossed he will be around fit and well for many years to come! 

• Thanks 1

AUTUMN 2017

Many thanks or all of your messages of support!

The good news is that the operation went well and should be the last I need.

I'm getting back into work now and have managed to ship according to my reduced production schedule - see the 'Lead Times' button for more details.

The office work is not quite as good, I find it hard to sit at a desk for long periods. I am doing my best to update the order system but I'm not there yet.

My warning is still to PLEASE BE AWARE OF THE LONG LEAD TIMES AND THE POSSIBILITY OF FURTHER DELAYS. I am being completely honest so that no-one is disappointed.

Happy scrumping and conkering

Cheers, Owen
October 2017

Copied and pasted from Park Lane web site. It seems like Owen is slowly getting back in to work - good news.

• Thanks 1

My seats are low back recliners no headrest. It may take a while to get an answer but may be worth asking Owen as he did me a set of rear wheel arch trims that weren’t listed on his website. If he does vinyl non recliner I’m sure he will do leather.