Sensibly priced bolts!!

Johno

Evening all,

For those that live in or near Bristol, T E Stone on West street near the cattle market are a great old fashioned source of fixings. Super helpfull with 6 of my most recently purchased  bolts for twice the price of one from moss. 

They are really great people and worthy of support. Particularly as these fantastic places get squeezed out by the internet.

Mention Johno told you, as I told them I'd spread the word. Not sure if they do postal orders. Might be local bolts for locals only😊

hope it helps

Johno17258301471541156179410.thumb.jpg.a7a2347179faf0012726a861ef533d1a.jpg

Thankfully I still have a few within reasonable distance. I like to walk in with a bolt and ask for a match, or sort through bins myself, rather than try to determine the entire spec of a bolt - width, length, shoulder length, head size etc and order online - even then it's not certain. I bought springs online recently, 25mm, and on measuring them up against the application reckoned 5mm less would have done... then got inside and found I'd already ordered 25mm and they'd sent me 30mm. In a shop I'd just have compared like for like on the spot.

Sounds a Lot like Scotts in Hull, Old firm been there for probably 100years+. Still do a lot of trade with building and engineering. You can get almost anything in that genre from there. Sited at the rear of the St Stephens complex on Canon St.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, micklewis said:

i have a wide variety of nuts and bolts up for grabs , 

I'll pass on grabbing your nuts for now, if you don't mind.

Spalding Fasteners have come up trumps for me yet again with a perfect set of bolts for a project, unlike the Chinese - I needed 25mm springs for a quarterlight pivot rebuild, but they arrived too long. Turns out they sent me 30mm. I reordered 25mm and informed them that the last ones they sent me were 5mm too long. The batch that arrived yesterday was 20mm. I suppose they took me literally.