no ignition lights

mishmosh

So.....I jump into the 1200 and turn the key. Nothing....

So.....I swap the battery assuming I had let it go flat......Nope still no ignition lights

So....I push the solonoid button.  YAY  it spins.......

Get the Bond out and go on a family weekend to the Peak district.  Tomorrow I start diagnosing. 

I will first check whether I have power to the Ignition switch. I do have a spare ignition switch to try. Any other pointers ? 

Hello.

It may be possible that the wire running from the ignition switch to the solenoid has become disconnected or a break within it or the terminals at each end need a clean.

The fact the starter spins on the solenoid button pretty much rules out the solenoid unless the break is within the solenoid itself where the ignition switch wire connects to.

If you can rule out the above, then the ignition switch AND / OR the power to it has to be the main 2x suspects.

Regards.

Richard.

First clean the battery post back to shiny lead

do headlamps etc work

If its just theres no crank or ign lights its seems the brown feed to the ign switch is the common link

clean the terminals where the brown eyelet is on the solenioid

and if dynamo on the regulator etc.

pete

Haha. Its been great for most of the 30 yrs I have had it ! last week i took it out of three months hibernation. Started on the new high torque wonderfully.  On friday we had a family weekend 60 miles away in Buxton. I will take my 1200. Nothing. Bond performed OK , but when I arrived home I ordered a tubular manifold as I am fed up with blowing 1500 exhaust gaskets.

Hope that works some fabricated tubulars have much blowing collectors on the 2-1 or 3-1 connector.

had a phoeonix on the Vit6 and nightmare till slotted and welded a clamp tom seal the 3 into 1

most are left as slip joints to allow all the wild expansion but sealing them can be problems

Pete

back to the plot. So yesterday. fresh battery . starts. Drive 20 miles. park up. drive 1 mile . park up. two hours later, nothing. Pop bonnet, spins on solonoid. No Headlights. courtesy light intermittent. clip jump leads on but before connected up try again. fires up.....  drive home 20 miles no probs. park up. remove battery. 

I suspect feed to ignition as the starter was ok but no lights ? 

update.   This morn I connected the battery. Turned the ignition switch, NADA. Starter span on solonoid. No Headlights. I   left the headlights  switch on as this would tell me when i had found the fault.  etc. .  So ,first thought.When I fitted alternator I obviously modded the wiring at the control box . All good.  Now , to the solonoid. Where the Brown feed attaches underneath , tweak it. Lights.  The problem was a slightly dodgy connection. Not bad result all round.