How much is this Spitfire worth?

Conor L

thats what the club insurance  replacement valuation puts on a project  mkIV  spitty ,  

purchase would aim at 2/3 rds of this or less

if that helps ,  its in need a of a bit more than TLC   if sills are in need then you have some serious work to compete let alone the whole car needs 

a full work out to get back to the basics ....do able but not if you have to pay for labour 

Seems a bit steep. Nothing that would suggest it is a good buy anyway. No OD, several colours and admits it needs sills. But without a good look in the flesh you will never know, if the rest of the body is good, it would be a good purchase. 

thats what the club insurance  replacement valuation puts on a project  mkIV  spitty ,  

purchase would aim at 2/3 rds of this or less

if that helps ,  its in need a of a bit more than TLC   if sills are in need then you have some serious work to compete let alone the whole car needs 

a full work out to get back to the basics ....do able but not if you have to pay for labour 

Seems a bit steep. Nothing that would suggest it is a good buy anyway. No OD, several colours and admits it needs sills. But without a good look in the flesh you will never know, if the rest of the body is good, it would be a good purchase. 

Thanks guys :)

I bought  HYA  from  ManversTtriumph and found them very good.very obliging and most helpful  with a smile and good communication

and that car looks much better  as a project rather than the first option , i would go and have a look 

Pete

another vote for Manvers, they have just rebuilt the differential plus overdrive gearbox on my vitesse mk2

Hi cjl1281, you could check this spitfire out . http://www.manverstriumph.com/product/1978-triumph-spitfire-1500-barn-find-restoration-project-offers-invited/. At least there would no surprises as you could inspect everything

Hi, that is exactly the type of thing that I'm looking for as my first restoration project (at 16). I will certainly check this one out :-)

Prices vary, and you'll always find something on sale cheaper than the one you've just bought - but only afterwards. I always preferred something around the middle of the price range: solid, dependable and suitable for improvement, unlike cheap basket cases which too often turn out to be beyond repair or high-priced supposedly 'finished' cars, which often aren't.

Prices vary, and you'll always find something on sale cheaper than the one you've just bought - but only afterwards. I always preferred something around the middle of the price range: solid, dependable and suitable for improvement, unlike cheap basket cases which too often turn out to be beyond repair or high-priced supposedly 'finished' cars, which often aren't.

Thanks for the advice Colin.