Vitesse shocks with CV driveshafts

Hi All,

As part of my current Vitesse Mk2 restoration I will be replacing the rotoflex driveshaft’s with CV types as I have done on my convertible. I’ll also be replacing the lever dampers with shocks.

I’m lead to believe that I won’t need to add the extension bracket for the top shock mount as I don’t now have a rubber doughnut that I need to clear. So, my question is what shock absorbers do I need (if at all different) because the top position will have changed.

Has anyone done this………..

I have CV shafts on my spitfire, but the chassis is identical to yours (for this question)

And I have spitfire/herald/Mk1 vitesse shocks fitted (Koni of course!) They are fine, the only "issue" is that there is a slight misalignment from vertical in the front/rear direction. This is easily taken up by the shock bushes, though I have std rubber bushes fitted.

And having recently had the shafts/spring etc off to change to a subaru diff, I can confirm working on the car is 10000% easier without the rubber rotoflex in there!

They were bought for my Mk1 vitesse many years ago, and still good as new, but slightly battered looking now. So no idea on part number. They were for spit/herald etc etc (and £80 a pair from Rimmers on a show special!)