Gt6 mk111 runs and then will not start when warm

busty12

Well, Busty, tell us about your GT6. Is it standard? Have you tweeked it in any way recently? What's the temperature guage say? Are there any other symptoms? Is this a sudden recent event or has it been building up for a while? Do you have diagnostic facilities?  Like a compression tester or colour tune? 

As Doug says, a few (lot) more details will assist greatly.

In the meantime, does your car fire up again after about fifteen minutes of being left to cool down ??

Does your car have heat shields under the carbs ??

If the answer is yes and no in that order, you are probably experiencing fuel vaporisation within the carbs, as these sit immediately above the exhaust manifold. I had this exact same situation when I first purchased my Vitesse many years ago. I fitted a pair of stainless steel heat deflectors (via Ebay) for the carbs and that cured the situation.

Certainly worth getting.

Good luck.

Richard.

This could also be its too rich and needs leaning off .

or theres a float valve problem overfilling when standing and again over richness when hot

Check also the coil polarity is correct -neg to dizzy +ve to ign feed. Check theres no green stuff down the coil HT outlet

pete

hi lads

Thanks for getting back. I have tried a colour tune and all is good. There is a new coil needle valves in carbs. The car is running and ticking over well but as said when left for 15 min it will restart no problem. I will check the flot valve and setting.