Oiling /Greasing Trunnions

4 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Never tried those but spotted them in my local Motor Factors last week. Recommended?

I find the one's I have excellent but the thread needs to match the grease gun delivery tube and there are some poor quality ones about.

Did strip one of my Wanner 315 to clean valves etc. and replace O rings and made a replacement floating piston as could not find a replacement seal for it.

Regards

Paul.

I can see maybe how grease might escape from hubs or shaft UJ's, though not the steering rack?, and oil from front trunnions would stay put? and also not let water in if the top seals are good?

In the olden days, I understand grease would harden faster and needed replenishing, though not so nowadays.

I still do my trunnions and grease points, though around, every couple of years, as car only does around 1500/2000 miles per year. Dare I say this is adequate, or even overkill?.

Genuinely interested 

Ta, Dave  

On 25/03/2022 at 13:30, Iain T said:

Someone had to take the bait! 

I have been trying to post this in a form that will 'Pass' mediation. Hope it succeeds,

This late in life and after an operation I find that lying down and playing with nipples can cause an undesired stiffness. Memories eh!

23 hours ago, daverclasper said:

I still do my trunnions and grease points, though around, every couple of years, as car only does around 1500/2000 miles per year. Dare I say this is adequate, or even overkill?.

Genuinely interested 

Ta, Dave  

Too much oil never wore anything out... unless we're talking about arteries and chip oil... 

Our lot will descend on my garage next month for the annual service day so gearbox, diff, handbrake cables and trunnions will all get attention, but it's amazing how many are low / bone dry. In some cases they don't drip oil as there isn't any left to drip.