Angle grinder buying advice

Robin

21 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Think the opposite - some day you'll be able to plug your power tools into your car... they'll have a three-pin socket on the side just for that purpose.

Nooooo. H&SE would have fit. 110V C-T only with proper coverd outlets, for remote working.

(why isn`t there a "Tongue in cheek" smiley?)

Pete

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Think the opposite - some day you'll be able to plug your power tools into your car... they'll have a three-pin socket on the side just for that purpose.

Ahhh. Free power in every car park. We will be able to recharge our flat ev's by just plugging into the 3 pin socket on the car parked in the next bay!!! Sorry, wrong thread.

• Haha 2

Almost every caravan has a three-pin, 240V mains socket on the side.    It's intended to put power into the 'van, for creature comforts, and is the 'industrial' round style, but it's there!

No idea if you could run a power tool off it.     

JOhn

2 hours ago, Badwolf said:

Ahhh. Free power in every car park. We will be able to recharge our flat ev's by just plugging into the 3 pin socket on the car parked in the next bay!!! Sorry, wrong thread.

So: if you only have one charging point... can you link all the cars together in series by plugging one into the other? If each car had an inlet and an outlet... it would solve the problem of a lack of charging points.

42 minutes ago, Badwolf said:

Brilliant. Now that's thinking outside the box, and the first in the chain pays the bill..even better.

No need to pay a bill with the free EV charging points, can anyone tell me where the free petrol points are?.

Regards

Paul

Actually, showing great ignorance here, but I didn't realise that there were free charging points.  Now all I need is a 2 mile long extension lead from the nearest charging point to my garage.....!!

I know, (Douglas Adams paraphrase coming up, sorry) resistance makes it useless.

Variable speed is a feature that I value.

Certainly much of what angle grinders do best is done “full blast”, but there are lots of occasions  when a more controlled, light approach is called for and  being to select the most appropriate speed is useful.

Using a the various wire brush thingys, the job is more controllable and  safer if you can select a  speed  for the job - and lessens the  number and velocity of the little wire “arrows” that fly off.