Long Shot: Is My Old Vitesse 6 Still Going?

Tiggers

Hello all,

First post, so hopefully in the right place; apologies if not.

30 years ago, for about a year, I owned a D registered Vitesse6 convertible. I was 20 at the time, and thought it was fantastic, and often wonder what became of it. Dark green; black vinyl drop top, red interior, and when I sold it the front discs and pads need replacing, and the clutch master cylinder was leaking. After moving around the country several times, I cannot find any pictures I had of the car, and for the life of me I cannot remember the reg, (must be the only vehicle I’ve had that I cannot remember this) so maybe the following might just resonate with someone.

I bought the car in the summer of 1986 from a one man band mechanic in West Derby area of Liverpool who for a spell bought and minimally ‘restored’ Triumphs to sell. ('Wheeler Dealer' sort.)  The money came from the insurance proceeds of a modern car being written off by my girlfriend, by this time very much ex-girlfriend. She wasn't hurt by the way, or at least not by driving over a high kerb at speed sufficient to pull the both front struts out of the car and remove gearbox in one go.

I moved away in the spring of 1987 and had nowhere to keep the car so reluctantly sold it to a trainee mental health nurse who was based at Ashworth Hospital. He was into cars, and had a souped up Mini at the time, but it was no match for the Vitesse which is why he bought it. (We met when he did a placement at a care home I was working at in Liverpool).

Beyond this I know no more. Like I said; long shot but that internet has performed miracles before.

Thanks for reading.

All the best to all classic Triumph owners, from a now classic Jag owner. (Age, idleness and weight gain can dictate ones care choice)

This may be of interest and maybe jog your memory. The last two letters of the three letters on the number plate are area related. There were no codes for Derby but four for Liverpool, the last two letters of the plate would be KA, KB, KC or KD.

So ?KA???D  or ?KB???D or ?KC???D or ?KD???D

IF the car was first registered in Liverpool!

http://selectnumberplates.co.uk/info/two-letter-area-codes-old.php

This may be of interest and maybe jog your memory. The last two letters of the three letters on the number plate are area related. There were no codes for Derby but four for Liverpool, the last two letters of the plate would be KA, KB, KC or KD.

So ?KA???D  or ?KB???D or ?KC???D or ?KD???D

IF the car was first registered in Liverpool!

http://selectnumberplates.co.uk/info/two-letter-area-codes-old.php

Really helpful, thanks. I will try a few combinations and see if something comes to mind.