3 Ohm Coil - which is best for 6 Cyl 2500 Engine

Roy

Yet another request for electrical assist as I get nearer to firing up the engine in the next few days.

Now got the NGK spark plugs as recommended. Car's ignition wiring is non ballast and have optical points in the dizzy.

From what I've read elsewhere I need a 3 Ohm coil. What's the best one to buy? Or do I just go for the Lucas DLB105 coil.

Thanks   

Getting close now Roy. All very exciting. I'm running a 12V Lucas Sports coil whatever that might be but it seems to be okay. I guess your wiring is now finished. I'd love to see some pics.

Do you have any idea when the car will be on the road because I'd really like to meet up.

rgds

John

Hi John, yes very nearly there now. Will order the coil tomorrow am. All fluids in tomorrow, meeting auto elec to define all the many fuses wednesday, a few more minor bits then circuits debug by the weekend. If nothing blows up - have bought a fire extinguisher - then I'll try to start her. Interior all done and pleased with the seats and dash. Wiring the dashes and switchgear connections went together really quickly thankfully. Will email you a few pics once I've taken some better ones. So hopefully she'll be on the road in 2-3 weeks. And to think I started the resto March 2007!

Hope your having fun with yours, have you decided on a new project or are you having a break from building cars?   

Hi John, yes very nearly there now. Will order the coil tomorrow am. All fluids in tomorrow, meeting auto elec to define all the many fuses wednesday, a few more minor bits then circuits debug by the weekend. If nothing blows up - have bought a fire extinguisher - then I'll try to start her. Interior all done and pleased with the seats and dash. Wiring the dashes and switchgear connections went together really quickly thankfully. Will email you a few pics once I've taken some better ones. So hopefully she'll be on the road in 2-3 weeks. And to think I started the resto March 2007!

Hope your having fun with yours, have you decided on a new project or are you having a break from building cars?   

Roy good to hear from and so glad you got and are pleased with the seats etc. After the seven hundred miles or so we covered in France the seats in my car are becoming more and more comfortable as the leather stretches and the foams take on more shape. Initially I was sitting too high and there was insufficient back support which gave me neck ache mainly through sitting too high. Most unpleasant.

So, the big question. Are you coming to the Silverstone Classic? It would be great if you are.

During the trip to France I did actually bond.with the car and have now decided that I'd be a bit sad if it were sold. There has to be another project but if I choose one that is less expensive than an Elan on which I had set my sights I should be able to keep the Triumph. I have located something; not a Triumph but it does have Triumph front suspension and steering rack. It has a fibreglass body which I could use as a buck on which to form one in aluminium.

• 7 months later...

I'm using a Bosch Blue 

Part Number: 0221 119 027

I opted for Bosch as I'd read that the quality of Lucas parts is no longer what it once was. (I can't comment on whether that's true or not)

Also I've fitted a 123 Tune Distributor and 123 recommended the Bosch coil.

Dave