Triumph GT6 MK3 rear hardboard fixings?

jimmyrjm

Hi everyone,

I was just curious as to what type of fixings secure the rear hardboard to the body? Any information regarding the type of fixings and what they are called so I can purchase them would be great. Found an image online below. Thanks!

Jim.post-1788-0-29667100-1471475396_thumb.jpg

Is this what you're talking about? It's from Rimmers.

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-608511

These are used on the door cards and side trim panels. There are round holes in the card as shown in your picture. The slotted bit on the fixing slots into the hole and the springy bit pops into the hole in the body work. Once attached to the card, the clip has to be rotated to line up with the hole in the body work. As there are half a dozen clips they all have to be lined up before attachment. This means that the clips are always In the same orientation, in the card hole. Also seen in your picture, if you look closely. 

In practise once the card is pulled on and off a few times the edges of the holes start to get ragged due to the card being, well , cardboard! The card in your picture looks to have been remanufactured in something more substantial and is still awaiting it's vinyl covering.

• Like 1

Is this what you're talking about? It's from Rimmers.

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-608511

These are used on the door cards and side trim panels. There are round holes in the card as shown in your picture. The slotted bit on the fixing slots into the hole and the springy bit pops into the hole in the body work. Once attached to the card, the clip has to be rotated to line up with the hole in the body work. As there are half a dozen clips they all have to be lined up before attachment. This means that the clips are always In the same orientation, in the card hole. Also seen in your picture, if you look closely. 

In practise once the card is pulled on and off a few times the edges of the holes start to get ragged due to the card being, well , cardboard! The card in your picture looks to have been remanufactured in something more substantial and is still awaiting it's vinyl covering.

Ah of course yes Im sure you're right and they are the right fixings, for some reason I only thought they were just for the doors. Thanks again Doug your knowledge is invaluable to me!

Kind regards,

Jim.