New Member - Woking

Ye-Gads

Just thought id say hi

New member to the club (dont know if previous member 12 years ago counts) and after a 12 year lack of Triumph in my life, I just got a 1967 mk3 Spitfire yesterday.

Its last owner had it for 40 years, its in good original condition, original floor pans etc, has usual foibles badly fitting doors being the bigest issue (drivers side inpaticular is rubbing) and at some point could do with a respray. 

Im based out of Woking and keen top get involved in the community and get advice on what to do and not do to the car.

Cheers,

Jason

Jason,

you don't have to apply! Just turn up! Micky and Julie are very welcoming. There's a raffle, (which I think they fiddle so that new members win, a chamois leather could be yours!) There's normally between 10 and 20 people, the cars are Vitesses, Heralds, GT6s, Spitfires, Stags, one TR6 and recently, a 2000.

Doug

Triumphs are not compulsory, mine is tucked up in the garage from November till March. Some people only have windscreen wipers for the benefit of the MOT.  Others drive them no matter what the weather. However, having just replaced wiper arms and blades I'd like a run out in the wet to check them out.