How much!

Mike R

Saw this GT6 on ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1974-TRIUMPH-GT6-RED-Baby-Jaguar-e-Type-/142094291580?hash=item21157ad27c:g:jM4AAOSw0UdXutve

Looks very nice, but at £19500 i would expect concours showroom quality, and probably solid gold bumpers.

Couple of things don't look right though .... The exhaust looks like the silencers are virtually touching the ground ... First speed bump or undulation in road will have them off.

The MOT date doesn't match what's on the governments search site.

It claims only 4 left from 1974, based on how many left website, but actually its 4 currently taxed plus 5 sorned based on manufacturing date, based on registration date its more like 130 left from 1974.

Interior has an odd piece sticking out side of steering wheel - not sure if thats a modified photo or there's really something odd there.

But then it does look very nice .....

How many left lists 277 licensed GT6s from specific years, 4 of these are 1974. However, additionally, there are 612 from "unknown year". How many of these are 74s? Quite a few I would think!

HML says there are 882 licensed as of now. But  277+612 = 889 so they're 7 adrift with their figures, which tells you all you need to know about HML It's only as accurate as the DVLAs original data. My own GT6 was originally recorded as a soft top, which it never has been. In HML engine section there's a 1 litre GT6 and also a 10 litre! :lol:

As to the car itself, yes, something odd about the exhaust, it's hanging off! Also there's something wrong with the front quadrants they don't line up with the upper bonnet. I think the sills have been replaced as both doors have a slight gap at the bottom, not too bad but not a £19,500 car. "An engine lubrication upgrade" Alarm bells!!! That would be it for me, a messed about engine!  "Cam shafts a common failure on these engines" really?

I think the sills have been replaced as both doors have a slight gap at the bottom, not too bad but not a £19,500 car. "An engine lubrication upgrade" Alarm bells!!! That would be it for me, a messed about engine!  "Cam shafts a common failure on these engines" really?

I think he means a rocker lubrication mod and is referring to rockershaft wear... I hope!

The sill profile is quite.... curved... along the lower edge.

Nice car but little things like a rusty water pump let it down when looking for top values.

Saw this GT6 on ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1974-TRIUMPH-GT6-RED-Baby-Jaguar-e-Type-/142094291580?hash=item21157ad27c:g:jM4AAOSw0UdXutve

Looks very nice, but at £19500 i would expect concours showroom quality, and probably solid gold bumpers.

Couple of things don't look right though .... The exhaust looks like the silencers are virtually touching the ground ... First speed bump or undulation in road will have them off.

The MOT date doesn't match what's on the governments search site.

It claims only 4 left from 1974, based on how many left website, but actually its 4 currently taxed plus 5 sorned based on manufacturing date, based on registration date its more like 130 left from 1974.

Interior has an odd piece sticking out side of steering wheel - not sure if thats a modified photo or there's really something odd there.

But then it does look very nice .....

I see the price is down to £18,000