Harnesses Triumph GT6 fitment advice?

jimmyrjm

Hi guys,

I trying to fit my harnesses for my Triumph GT6 MK3. I have a 4 point sparco harness for the passenger seat and a 6 point harness for the drivers side. I am not looking to race my car but might do the odd track day or hill climb, I installed them more the safety on the roads.

I am not sure what is the best and safest way to install the harnesses, should I drill holes into the floor panel and put the screw fixing through the holes? And can I install the shoulder straps at the back of the floor panel? I know a lot of people use harness bars behind the seats but I want to use the rear accessory optional passenger seats in the back. I have included pictures.

Any advice to installing them I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jim.

post-1788-0-40127900-1474292628_thumb.jpeg

post-1788-0-01012600-1474292730_thumb.jpeg

post-1788-0-73849100-1474292745_thumb.jpeg

post-1788-0-77199200-1474292759_thumb.jpeg

post-1788-0-22500800-1474292779_thumb.jpeg

post-1788-0-14431300-1474292802_thumb.jpeg

Jim,

There should be, I think, a reinforced bolt hole for a harness eye bolt on the side of the transmission tunnel, behind the hand brake, and one below the B-post, in the sill, or there is on a Vitesse. The OE shoulder strap anchor was in the rear with Dow will, but that's no good for 4 or 6 points.

Look in the Blue Book of the Motor Sport Ass. - if you intend to sprint or hillclimb you will need a licence and get one free, but it is on the MSAs website. Safety Section , about harness anchorage. Backing plates to spread the load etc.

You will have to fill that space behind the seats into the boot with metal sheet. I fabbed a steel bar, bolted to the side frames in the boot, to take the two shoulder straps.

Can't send pics from Rio. Back later this week, ask if you need more help.

John

Jim,

There should be, I think, a reinforced bolt hole for a harness eye bolt on the side of the transmission tunnel, behind the hand brake, and one below the B-post, in the sill, or there is on a Vitesse. The OE shoulder strap anchor was in the rear with Dow will, but that's no good for 4 or 6 points.

Look in the Blue Book of the Motor Sport Ass. - if you intend to sprint or hillclimb you will need a licence and get one free, but it is on the MSAs website. Safety Section , about harness anchorage. Backing plates to spread the load etc.

You will have to fill that space behind the seats into the boot with metal sheet. I fabbed a steel bar, bolted to the side frames in the boot, to take the two shoulder straps.

Can't send pics from Rio. Back later this week, ask if you need more help.

John

Hi John,

Thanks for the response a pic would be great if you have the time when your back.

I have located two of the reinforced bolt holes on the bottom of the floor panel by the sills, however they are not replicated on the other sides of the floor panels, is the only option to make my own and weld bolts to the bottom of the floor panel. I have screwed in one bolts to the reinforced nut and clipped in the side belt. I have attached a pic.

Regards,

Jim.

post-1788-0-19683400-1474370974_thumb.jpeg

jimmy,

here's a pic of the strut across the rear of the panel inserted behind where the rear seat goes.

OE, a cardboard sheet, it must be metal for competition.

You can see, I hope, the way that one end of the strut has a bracket, bolted to the side, and that it is drilled, with threaded plates welded on, to take the anchor bolts.

This was on my disc.   I'll take more if you wish.

John

post-139-0-43714300-1474572518_thumb.jpg