Global warming !

Qu1ckn1ck

I know a race driver who is older than John, so genuinely wracked by arthritis that driver changes almost needed an engine lift, yet was at Classic Le Mans this year and setting better than respectable lap times!

It's not the age on your driving licence, it's how old you are in your head!

John (29 and 3/4)

I know a race driver who is older than John, so genuinely wracked by arthritis that driver changes almost needed an engine lift, yet was at Classic Le Mans this year and setting better than respectable lap times!

John (29 and 3/4)

Perhaps you are thinking of Barry Siddery Smith John. He is certainly an inspiration for me.

• Like 1

John (29 and 3/4)

Perhaps you are thinking of Barry Siddery Smith John. He is certainly an inspiration for me.

That is a name that I remember from my MGCC days !

Indeed!

Returning to the OP, and JJ's Oscar-winning performance as a doddery old codger, these devices look like a good idea for those afflicted by difficulty getting in and out of cars.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=car+cane&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=83863258357&hvpos=1t1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1504678794640791089&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006854&hvtargid=kwd-48378696168&ref=pd_sl_6n0mqj7ki_e

Several rival products, all that hook onto the door catch loop on the B-post to give you a 'leg-up', as it were.

John

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

just to revisit this with the lastest diet has virtual meat , more veg to save the world

if you remove  methane producing cows you loose milk cheese and butter, give the remaining humans more sprouts and veg then the methane balance is restored , another crass idea

if you look at how clear the sky is  how much  screen wipe out is caused by the low sun dazzle and you come back to the more we clean up the worse warming will  be

its brighter so its hotter ..clean skies = warmer climate,    not saying we bring back the smogs and fogs of the 60s  but the cleaner we get the worse is yet to come 

my cows a vegetarian  grass eater  so i will  continue to eat red meat and get seriously sun burnt whenever the sun comes out is it  all a ploy to  sell factor 50 ???

pete

On 26/09/2016 at 15:45, JohnD said:

Returning to the OP, and JJ's Oscar-winning performance as a doddery old codger, these devices look like a good idea for those afflicted by difficulty getting in and out of cars.

John

The Duke of Edinburgh is 97 and even he had to be helped out of his car earlier in the week... :)  (Colin runs and hides... very speedily)

6 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

The Duke of Edinburgh is 97 and even he had to be helped out of his car earlier in the week... :)  (Colin runs and hides... very speedily)

Quote the Dook, "So you can't get into the news if it ain't Brexit?   Watch this!"

J.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

apart from the problems of low sun shine blindness an whether the Duke can wear a belt after being catapulted around the crash car age related accidents are many fold more caused by younger complete idiots doing 90mph lane swaps and diving all over moderate road users without any respect and often without insurance or any care for other drivers 

and the aftermath of grief they leave behind when luck runs out ,

he may have got it wrong  we all can at times , such is life , more 40 yr olds have accidents due to impatience than 90+ yr olds ever.

Pete