TriumFest UK 2017 Update

juppy

Following on from last year’s successful TriumFest event at The Retro Show, along with the Santa pod management we have made a few changes on the layout to improve on last year after listening to your comments.

In general the format is the same as last year with the TriumFest show and shine on the Saturday, and the winners entered into The Retro Show,  Show and Shine on the Sunday. However also on Sunday it is the Standard Triumph Marque Day, so the display of Triumphs will be much bigger!

Camping Has Moved!

Along with all the good things you enjoyed from last year the main difference you will see is that we have moved the camping area to the other side of the Drag Strip up past the finish line. The benefits of this is that we have a far bigger area which is far enough AWAY from the noise of the funfair and the food outlets/bar area. Additionally it means that the camping, TSSC marquee & shop will be on the same side of the drag strip as the trade area and where all the action is going on. It will be further to walk to the food outlets and bar than last year but we think the benefits out way the distance. There is a toilet block and shower block between our camping area and the tarmac area, but we will also have the same additional showers as last year. (this time not shared by Retro Show Campers!)

We will also start our car display further down towards the strip start line (away from the drifting displays) to give us more area as we will be the biggest marque there by far, and also will mean that our shop marquee will be closer to the rest of the traders as an added bonus.

One of the requests/ suggestions, was “could we have a BBQ on the Friday night” Well although we would love to offer that, what we have to respect where ever we go is the arrangements with the existing food concessions, this was a source of problems for us at Stafford and Donington and does somewhat tie our hands as to what we can do. We have been

In discussion with Santa Pod and there is a very good chance that one of the Food concessions can lay on either a hog roast or a BBQ for us, that keeps everyone happy. What we would have to insist on is that for it to work and not expose the food concessions to a loss is that the BBQ or Hog Roast would be pre booked by ticket. That way they would know how much food they need to cater for and they would not be left out of pocket. As this is being written two weeks before Christmas we don’t have any more firm information on exactly what they would offer or the price, but should have that info available shortly after we get back in January.

Obviously the same no glass policy applies along with the helmets and arm restraint regulations from last year for those that want to “Run what you brung” and also it costs £25 per day for as many runs as you can fit in. tfest2017 layout 1.jpgtfest 2017 layout 2.jpg

I note that the ticket prices have been announced on the Club Triumph Website as £13.80 for Sunday or £20.20 for the weekend, seems strange amounts and an increase from, last year when weekend entry was £18....  Quite a jump especially when you have to pay for under 16 teenagers unlike Stafford and Donnington, makes it very expensive for me to bring the Kids.

Andy,I think that is down to the Retro Show prices.

I had a look at their website, and their prices are only free for under 13's, for adults they all look cheaper until you notice they add £2 a ticket booking fee, plus postage. Then there is negligible difference, plus we have the option of camping Friday night, we get the extra showers on our site and so on. 

And remember what I am like on ticket pricing!

I added the event to the Club Triumph calendar. I would have cut and paste the details from a TSSC source but can not put my finger on the source just now.

Strangely this thread is titled an update but I can not find what it is updating - all rather odd - I know I saw the details somewhere.

The update is refering to an update on what has already been published in recent Couriers. The post on here is a copy of what is in the Jan Courier.

Yes the ticket prices are set by Santa Pod, the differences are down to the fact that Santa Pod don't include the booking fee ( which when they charge it on all tickets including the ones we are sold by them they might as well just add it to the price) and the postage charges they charge.