Back in the room.....

36 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

'Er Indoors just put £100 in the Freelander and it's 3/4 full. I think our local TSSC is going to have to cut down on the long 100+ mile Club runs, too.

Glad my GT6 filler cap is lockable with the price of super unleaded. May start adding single malt as a cheap top up...

Filled up the modern diesel last week at Tesco to the tune of £86 - at least that gave just under 600 miles range. My trip to Scotland at the end of the month is going to be pricey - we were thinking of taking my wife's convertible, but as the diesel estate uses half the fuel it's a no-brainer.

Gully

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 23/03/2022 at 09:08, Straker said:

Got a few more pieces back together:

818DAA02-5C63-4824-BC6F-059DDF41C0D3.thumb.jpeg.bf762ea1adcaba13b60105e1d97fec73.jpeg

That picture to me is worth a 1000 words, I been considering a car lift for my GT6 and worried where and how to lift on the chassis since so many two post car hoist/lifts seem to be designed to lift onto modern car cills. Any more pictures as to where on the front of the chassis the lifting arms was secured.  Love the car the white is so handsome, rgds John

1 hour ago, Top Banana said:

That picture to me is worth a 1000 words, I been considering a car lift for my GT6 and worried where and how to lift on the chassis since so many two post car hoist/lifts seem to be designed to lift onto modern car cills. Any more pictures as to where on the front of the chassis the lifting arms was secured.  Love the car the white is so handsome, rgds John

I had to make up a bracket for mine, the arms wouldn't reach the main rails especially on the GT6. Makes looking after the underside and suspension a doddle.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
13 hours ago, johny said:

Looking good! How effective do you find those cherry bombs?

I would say the three combined are about the same as the old Bell sports system in terms of noise. But I do much prefer the neater look. I never liked the way the Bell barrow handles stuck out so far behind the rear end.0FD557E3-2F63-4EE6-B78E-18B74805828E.thumb.jpeg.6498b59b836d4db85fd8e1a79c8b11c4.jpeg