red herald 2.8 v6, where abouts

shaunbyrne

hi all. many years ago i built a car that was present at lots of the tssc show, red with a white sash. the car was a 13/60 but fitted with a 12/50 bonnet.i attending lots of shows including south of england show leatherhead leisure centre. the nationals at great trumpington and peterborough and finally stafford. i also built a courier van using the same base that competed in the modified class at stafford.i kept track of the cars i had and the herald was last owned by david merry.i know he has sold it on and wondered if anyone knew who owned it now.i would love to see the car again maybe at one of the shpws. reg was cao 444kk..its also on youtube  search herald taunus....thanks shaun byrne.

post-459-0-21218600-1416935545_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

Shaun.

You can submit a V888 to DVLA (costs either £2.50 or £5).

State your case and they will supply the details you require. It's not a prompt service, but it does work.

Worth considering if you draw a blank on other lines of enquiry.

Regards.

Richard.

Shaun.

You can submit a V888 to DVLA (costs either £2.50 or £5).

State your case and they will supply the details you require. It's not a prompt service, but it does work.

Worth considering if you draw a blank on other lines of enquiry.

Regards.

Richard.

This will not work as you do not own the car, and are not its registered keeper.

The V888 scheme is only for finding out about the history of your car.

There are other ways of finding out who owns it now, but they are illegal unless you have a legitimate "law enforcement" reason to know. 

The Police can look the details up on the PNC, but if they do this it leaves an audit trail, and they can be prosecuted if they were just helping a friend.

If you were involved in an accident with the vehicle you can legitimately get the DVLA to supply the details, but if you tell a lie to get the details then you are committing a criminal offence.

Similarly the various parking operators that run car parks can get the details, and again, if they abuse the system then they can be prosecuted.

Shaun.

The car in question - was it ever registered in your name ??

If yes, then you can use the V888. You do not need to own the car now or be its current registered keeper - but you must have BEEN a registered keeper. 

If not, then as Kevin says, you cannot use the form.

Regards.

Richard.

Although the V888 form has provision for one of the previously registered keepers of the vehicle to request information about the vehicle, I very much doubt that the DVLA will provide information about the vehicle for the period after it left the keepership of the person making the request.

The form asks two questions - "What information do you want and why ?"  and "How are you going to use the information ?"

If you currently own the vehicle, then answering that you are researching the history of the car, so you need copies of previous log books etc so you can see if there have been any colour changes and engine number changes, and to see which regions of the country the car has been kept, and you want the information so that you can complete a history file for the car, then you are on to a winner and the info you get will be very comprehensive - microfilm prints of all previous V5s and notification of change of keeper slips, and sometimes old MoT information. 

If you don't currently own the vehicle, then I suspect that the questions will be much harder to answer in a way that will illicit the name and address of the current owner/keeper.

If anyone has managed to get the current owner/keeper data about a car they used to own, please share your experience and what answer you gave to the questions posed on the V888 form.

thanks guys. yes i owned the car for about 15 years  i think.

it was wedgewood blue 13/60

had a spit 1500, gt6 2ltr. triumph 2500s  and a ford 2.8 v6 in it went to st tropez 3 times in it..just curious as i would enjoy seeing it again..

i also rebuilt a courier vam uyj340 is the reg it was 804LRO orinally but when i sold it the reg and van were seperated.

shaun

• 2 years later...

This is an extract from the latest FBHVC newsletter written by Ian Edmunds -

“Several people have drawn my attention to an unfortunate revision to the DVLA service to supply information about a vehicle in  response to a V888 request.  Up until September it was possible for a vehicle keeper to obtain all the registration history that DVLA held for that vehicle on payment of a small fee.  DVLA considered that researching the vehicles history was ‘reasonable cause’ for needing the information.

However, since September DVLA have revised the requirements for ‘reasonable cause’ and researching the vehicle history is no longer acceptable.  The V888 form itself has been revised to reflect these changes.  Further guidance on ‘reasonable cause’ can be found at www.gov.uk/request-information-from-dvla   We will discuss this further with DVLA but we believe that the General Data Protection Regulation does unfortunately leave them with no choice.  Thus, we have all lost a valuable service.”