Tutorial days , advice on basic twiddling

Pete Lewis

Brilliant ideas. Why not do video tutorials on a range of popular stuff. They could be filmed in front of a live audience at HQ and posted on a special part of the TSSC web pages. Youtube is awash with rubbish home movies type tutorials and if HQ is willing I'm sure that the videos would be a popular addition to the web site for the likes of myself who want to do work themselves but lack the knowledge. Everything from basic servicing to a full repaint job. Look at the help that has come from this forum ... plenty to go at!!!

Its been said on here few times , we decided to make a start but to cover all it will take days of outakes and editing

ive made a good few in house traing and information videos in the past and sorry the time it takes is not available , well not from me

in fact my damped tripod is still lurking at hq somewhere from when Garth Ray and myself made a start a couple of years ago...

its like setting this idea up, the best intentions

get hijacked and a day on the drive now means I have to

go to hq, so be it , lets see what we can achieve , but any

filming can fall on someone else

youtube look at RB44 production video and theres a

copy of what pair of cowboys did with a camera a editing video but no TV

And titles made with toy letters pulled across the floor

we did this back in 1990 ish

so I wont volunteer now even though you can do it on a phone now.

pete

No I never did close ups ,

and these wont be a 'seminar' more a friendly twiddle and eplaination day out

to show some of the basics to those who need a little nudge to give the confidence to DIY

and dispel any dark art myths

If anyone finds something to record onnthe day feel free.

pete

Pete. In the absence of specific video tutorials (and I really appreciate the time and commitment needed to do a quality job),perhaps it would be possible via the forum, to compile a list of 'how to' videos to help those of us who have little practical experience and want to learn. Maybe a simple listing of description, for the search engine, and a web link to youtube etc. Of course this may already have been done and I haven't found it. I really admire those of you with a mechanical gift and I really want to try to do many jobs as you can see from some of my posts. Thanks to Pete, Doug, Casper and others, have been quite successful, but the bigger, more technical stuff (clutch, engine, suspension etc), I need a bit of practical, visual, guidance for. Never been too good with text books etc, but show me and that's something else!

RIGHT  THIS IS  ON.

date September   Sunday  17th

start time   10.00am

location   Club HQ  Lubenham  LE16 9TF

map    https://goo.gl/maps/J6d5VebEC9C2

To get a register of potential attendee's please e mail me   on peter.h.lewis@ntlworld.com

I have a good few names in the frame but would you all please send a  Email title  Tssc Tutorial day

include names if more than one please  . 

There will be a £3.50p charge for a burger lunch and refreshments  pay on the day 

Bern will assemble the large frame tent to seat all for a techy  natter and a gazebo for some cars to diagnose and show how to 

resolve common problems ,

we aim to cover carburetor settings , tappets ,gearbox functions ,wiper racks , simple tracking,   etc and any other topic we can cover with the basics as Triumph intended,  we will not be restoring a 60 minute make over basket case , but a few cars with ongoing problems would be most useful

there's a chance we will install electronic ignition to the club courier van

this is a first,  we have to make it a success  a without over doing the expectations , I would like to cover many ideas raised but 

need to stick to reality of what can we achieve in a day 

so  get the names in .....see you all on the 17th september   dont forget to bring your car

pete   01582 750943

• Like 1

Mail sent Pete

If anyone is coming down the A1 passing Newark, I am happy to give a lift in the GT6 from Long Bennington (on A1 just south of Newark) if anyone wants to shorten their drive  (Only 1 space available  :lol: )

Aidan

Brilliant ideas. Why not do video tutorials on a range of popular stuff. They could be filmed in front of a live audience at HQ and posted on a special part of the TSSC web pages. Youtube is awash with rubbish home movies type tutorials and if HQ is willing I'm sure that the videos would be a popular addition to the web site for the likes of myself who want to do work themselves but lack the knowledge. Everything from basic servicing to a full repaint job. Look at the help that has come from this forum ... plenty to go at!!!

Brilliant idea,Badwolf! We will look forward to the collection you compile and post here!

John

this day is going to happen ,  17th september at Club HQ  Bern is on the BBQ and I'm doing the twiddling , we need you to book in with me , email from profile

or info@tssc.org.uk  so Angie can compile a listing  we have around 20 names so far and its growing ....brilliant

thats good but room for more

we need a few cars to  twiddle with ,, no not a shed on a recovery truck but normal examples that may need a wave with the magic fingers to enlighten the myths and dark art of experience ,  

initially i will cover carburettors , valve clearances, ignition timing, electronic ignition fitting,  geometry toe in , and as much as we can in a day of nattering and Im sure much more .....its all fluid

this will be stick to basics ,with your   hands on  with a how and why ,  this is the inaugural event of this type we hope it will be

informative and a laugh,    with more to come ......

there will be a small charge for a lunch more  details in the courier 

Pete

• Like 1

How long does a valuation take? To many would swamp the day and impact on twiddling. We'd have twiddle drift.

How is the AO training going? Micky at Thames and Mark at East Berks are both going for it next month. So I'm happy to wait till then.

• 2 weeks later...

just to update  we start at club HQ Lubenham  around 10am and run through the day , assuming i stay awake finish around 4pm

there will be a bbq burgers for lunch at £3,  ive e mailed i think to most who contacted me , with a heads up

and there are a good few who have emailed info@tssc.org.uk  who i dont have .

but its going to happen , all a bit adhoc , but we will be covering the basics and answer as much  as is possible

could be a fun day out ....bring your car . lets see if we can solve some myths and mysteries 

Pete

• Like 1