seat covers

Haconyc

HI-just joined this so sorry if I'm not doing it right! We just bought a beautiful 2 tone Herald with pale green original interior-pristine -& want to try & keep it that way.Does anybody know where I can get car covers to fit a Triumph Herald 1964 20/50? Or a design to DIY??!! many thanks

Von

Congratulations on what sounds like a lovely car!

Search eBay for Triumph Herald Seat covers - there's everything from leather, leather look and simple pvc tie-on. It's just a question of taking your pick. I can't recommend any particular one as I've never bought any, but someone here should know the better type.

Hi and welcome to the club, sounds a gorgeous car and I hope you enjoy driving it, especially if we have more sunny days like today.

Like Colin says I am sure someone with experience will come along soon and provide some good advice.

However, a question to consider before you spend your hard earned cash... If you cover the seats to protect them will you still look at the interior in the same way or will the loveliness of it be detracted by seat covers? I guess it depends on what covers you get and I suspect the nicer ones will cost quite a few pounds. That being the case maybe you use the car as it is enjoying its splendor, cleaning the seats every so often and then recover them if ever they need it in the future? Just a thought (someone I know purchased a rather expensive and lovely sofa then draped it in throw overs to protect it so there could have been anything underneath).

Anyway enjoy the car and can we see a picture!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi-will get round to a photo-agree that the covers won't add to its immaculate beauty but its to protect it from our dogs!We like to use it often...anyway-will look again on e bay-nil come up so far so any other tips gratefully recieved!

You won't find any bespoke covers, but here should be plenty of universal type. I got a set for our modern car (it gets used for work, so dusty/dirty etc) for under a tenner. Not brilliant quality, but at that price I will replace once worn out (o rather swap passenger and drivers cover over!)

Leather ish ones may be good with hounds in a car......