all change in the shop

Pete Lewis

John, I was under the impression the TRR site came after the TSSC site.

Dave

Maybe the original TSSC site  appeared before the TRR site, I've only belonged to either since the 90s.

But THIS TSSC site replaced the original TSSC, and it's just like the TRR site, that was there all along.

John

Dave,

Of course!  You are right!  How could I be so blind!

The TRR message board is on Community Forum Software by IP.Board 3.4.7

Whereas the TSSC is on Community Forum Software by IP.Board 3.4.6

Completely different versions of the software!   Doh!

And the colour? It is a bit 'samey' isn't it?   But completely different in every other way: http://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=viewNewContent&search_app=forums

As for the Sideways Board, that uses completely different software: Community Forum Software by IP.Board   No version, so it must be getting a bit old and doddery,  Poor old thing.

JOhn

• Like 2

As regards the perception that the Club does not use Social Media, you may not be aware that at the beginning of April TSSC was shortlisted for an award for the best use of social media by a car club.  We were pipped at the post by I think the Golf Club.  In the last year, Jane Rowley had led the charge into Social Media with great results.

Umm, you might want to re-read this thread as I'm not sure anyone's expressed the opinion that the club doesn't use social media. A number of people have expressed the opinion they don't give a flying dingo's kidney about online advertising agencies like Facebook and Twitter and the opinion that it took far, far too long to reinstate these forums.

I never have and most likely never will visit the TSSC Facebook page or view it's Twitter stream.

I do use these forums and almost left the club when the forums went missing - I saw little point being a member of the TSSC if I was spending all my time on the Club Triumph forums...

Either way its a damn shame we weren't able to say farewell in a proper manner so, Juppy, if you are reading this you'll be sorely missed!

thank you for the kind comments, they mean a lot, I'm still about,  but I don't look at the forum everyday now as "its not my job to do so" ;)

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

there s few saying they dont get a  history  fileable invoice  only the small till print out with parts bought  from club shop so I asked Bern about it 

here is Berns reply 

Hi Pete

We ALREADY Supply an A4 Printed receipt with every order taken Over the Phone or on the Web Shop (See Attached) it is enclosed with every order sent out.
If you want an A4 printed receipt if you are at the Shop Counter please just ASK.

hope that clears up the filing  wishes 

Pete

see new post on discounted sales  from Bern 

• 6 months later...

Thought I'd pop back in and see whats going on, I did start a new job in Leicester but that only lasted for 2.5 months as the owner decided he could not afford to pay me, to say he was like a cross between Del Boy and Arthur Daley is an understatement. The supposedly "fix" electronic modules for cars, ecu's, remote locking, dashboards etc, well they had no test equipment and guessed at what was wrong. So I suppose they did me a favour. After a couple of months, I got loads of interviews just like busses, inc 2 at Jag LandRover . However, I had an interview for a company in Leicester who make very high accuracy A/C monitoring equipment, power meters, and power sources.

I had the interview at 10am, it was 2 hours long and was offered the job at 2pm the same day. I have been there since the middle of Jan, it is a steep learning curve but a great company to work for and I finish early on a Friday :-) I hope my mojo for my car comes back soon as the "nasty taste" is taking a long time to go away, however I will be going to the IOW weekend again this year as a previous organiser of it, I don't think of it as a club weekend and it is a good chance to meet up with my true friends.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Well done Garth and good to hear life is panning out in the correct direction; I have no doubt the car will be back on your radar sooner than you think.

Good luck.

Regards.

Richard.

Garth, I am genuinely pleased about this, and that you have not disappeared altogether.

I am certain at some point you will get re-invigorated about your Triumph, and hopefully see you at some events. Please don't let a bad experience take that away from you. Plenty of great things to do with the car, and old friends to see (which being honest, is the best thing about owning a Triumph)

If I see you at a show, I promise to buy you a beer. Or if you prefer, an ice cream, and even get a flake for it.

• 3 weeks later...