Club Shop - parts quality

s.leah

• 1 month later...

S’funny but my GT6 ones are quite good, despite having been fitted for years - can’t remember if I did it or not, but they’re little skinny silver ones and seem to clear the rain off sufficiently for me to see out, although a better demister on the front screen would be a big improvement. I have a few bubble-cards of NOS ones so assuming they’re still serviceable after years of garage roofspace storage I’ll use them on my Herald when it gets that far.

Landrover ones (Classic Landies) are really skinny little ones but they do an excellent job; ok I know the Landie screen is flat glass but the blade is microscopic and still clears the rain off. 

Halfords ones lasted a few minutes on  my  Discovery…. 

Even a good clean of the rubber blade with windscreen washer fluid works wonders at improving the cleaning power.

Just resurrecting an old thread.

Bought some Tex wiper blades at the MG/Triumph show earlier this month, just used them in the rain. A complete waste of money the traders should be ashamed to sell this rubbish, should have bought the cheapest crap available could not have been worse. If I had the address of the seller they would be returned as not fit for purpose to get a refund of the high price they charge for “quality” branded products.

Had a Herald 12/50 as my first car in the late 60's early 70's do not remember the wipers as being completely useless.

Rant over for the time being.

Paul

I think it's fair to say that buying anything other than Bosch is really false economy! Especially as you can buy them from Halfords for a reasonable price - not a great deal more than Halfords own brand and I think cheaper than 'other' brands.

Do you know if you can get the Bosch Blades in Stainless Steel or Chrome finish? 

They certainly seem to work on the You tube video, can you confirm if it was just the blades that where changed and not the arms also?

I've only seen them in black. I changed the bit that comes in the box from Halfords, as opposed to just the rubber. My arms were already chrome.

I never got round to sending the rubbish one's back to the Club Shop so when I get round to it, I'm going to see if I can use the chrome from the club blades with the rubber from the bosch.

Frankenblade anyone? :lol:

If you manage to get the Bosch Rubbers fitted to the Chrome Blades and they work ok still let us know?

Alternatively you can get chrome texture spray paint now, don't know how good it is but that's another option, spray the Black Bosch Blades with Chrome spray :)   

• 1 month later...

Update on the Wipers, I managed to get some correct N.O.S. Trico ones off E-Bay, took it out for Drive it day on Sunday and on the way from Boston to Skegness got the chance to try them, they worked fine :)  

So the moral is N.O.S. is King, just hope they last for the new owner? 

I've sold the car and he picks it up in a fortnight :(

• 3 weeks later...

Another tale of woe with Tex wipers. Replaced the set on my GT6 last September ahead of the MOT. One has already split. Must have seen about 50 sweeps across the screen before failing - most of which were when I fitted a washer motor during the winter!

Must point out that despite the title of this thread, they did not come from the Club shop.

Gully

• 3 weeks later...