Second set of Car Keys needed

Projection

I have a 1962 Herald Mk 1, with only one set of keys. I have always felt it important to have a second set of keys to enable a second driver, and to prevent mislaying keys causing problems. Replacement locks over the life of the vehicle have resulted in different ignition key, door key, boot key, fuel filler key. High St. key-cutting services don't cut car keys. I don't really want to send the keys away. So what is the best answer?

I had ignition keys cut in a local auto spares shop, not many of them about these days but keep looking around! :) 

I got fed up with different keys for 2 doors, petrol cap and rear hatch so modified the barrel locks to be opened by one key.

Thanks for the responses. I'll try the numbered Wilmot suggestion on ebay, and if that fails see if I can identify blanks for purchase, I value the autospares shops and events suggestions too - if all else fails I will simply network such contacts until I get a result.

"Projection".

I have sent you a PM with regard to keys as I have numerous spares and maybe able to assist.

PM me back if help is required.

Regards.

Richard.

Hello.

Despite my pretty extensive stock of keys I have been unable to assist Alistair (sorry fella) towards his second set; hopefully one of the recommendations that has been posted will come up trumps.

On a side note, here is a Triumph key that I have had for ages; I've no idea what car it belongs to / fits or even a set of dates that it might have been produced. The only ID mark is on the back "BR2".

Looking at it closely it appears to of had the correct Triumph colours on the hilt of the key; 90% of which has worn off over the years. It may well have been a key style that Triumph had made specifically. However, I do not know.

Anybody seen one of these before ?? Pete ??

Regards.

Richard.

post-818-0-41513400-1493394557_thumb.jpg

post-818-0-21348700-1493394565_thumb.jpg