TSSC INSURANCE PANEL COMPANIES

Hello.

The insurance on my Vitesse is due for renewal soon and having received the renewal quote from my current insurer (which was very reasonable) I thought I would give each of the 5x TSSC Insurance Panel companies a call. In addition this coincides with the decision to get a TSSC Valuation Certificate very soon.

Kathryn and I are low risk and we tick all the boxes that an insurance company want to hear, so each of the companies had exactly the same brief to quote on. I have to say that the range of quotes given was significantly different albeit I was only able to contact 4x of the companies. The details given in the Courier for Lancaster Insurance may require confirming as on calling the number 0800.013.0080 a message came back saying "No Answer & Not Available" which I thought odd for that company. I tried the company 3x times with the same responses - perhaps a duff day with phone lines at their end.

So out of Footman James, Peter James, Heritage Insurance and Peter Best it was Peter James that came out top and in fact Footman James was ALMOST DOUBLE compared to PJ.

Heritage Insurance and Peter Best fell in between and were certainly above my own renewal quote.

So I would say to any TSSC member who has their Triumph insurance looming, it is certainly worth phoning all of the panel companies due to such fluctuations on quotes given; especially if you are also intending to get a TSSC Valuation Certificate authenticated by any one of these 5x companies. I appreciate that each case is different but on offering low risk information you would have thought the quotes might have been within the same approximate range - far from it as the case has proved.

I had all four quotes within 25minutes of making the enquiries, so not a bad turn around considering all the waffle the companies need to spin out; of which I tend to trim as much as possible to keep the call(s) clipped.

The savings made today have been very decent, so I have a few more £££ for the SEM on Sunday :) 

Regards.

Richard.

Ive used PJ for some years and they also do multi car , i insure my Picasso with them and the Triumph becomes peanuts on the back 

although i did have a poor time with communication when   the 2000 mounted an  area Herald , PJ was involved directly but  I never had any clues from the day of the accident to the return of the car .. unless i chased them and that was multiple phone numbers and references

having said that the premium remained same as last year so that was good.

so all smiles ......in the end 

Pete

Hello Pete.

Yes have to say I was very happy with their administration so hopefully their post selling actions (if ever required) will be of a similar level.

Regards.

Richard.

Doug.

PJ did say that if the agreed valuation is significantly higher than that given at the time of a quote, it would likely increase the premium which one would expect. However, if say your premium increased by £50 but you were guaranteed the extra £K on your car then it is probably fair to say it's a worthwhile increase.

Regards.

Richard.

I'm with PJ to. Their premium did increase about 7% this year but still considerably less than the others. Interestingly my car was revalued in the middle of last year increasing its value once more but the premium did not change at the time

Aidan

I've been with PJ for some years now, I have just renewed and it went up less that £2.00 on last year and that's with a few mods and a non-fault accident in the last 12 months.

Agree with Pete though as dealing with the claim was hard work, ended up with 3 different reference numbers and had to do a fair amount of chasing.

All OK in the end, but could have been easier.

Darren