its nice being a Dinosaur

Pete Lewis

threads about IT,  tablets smart phones, facebook , scams and other diatribe have fiddled into other threads so here is the place to air your golden moments of being a grumpy old  fag.

my daughter always says 'your phones off'        

yes Im out 

I  mean who wants everyones troubles when you're out for a nice day and it can all wait till you are home .

and as for taking selfies which are of no interest to anyone but yourself  proves Im a dinosaur  and proud of it .

so dont ring  its switched OFF.

Ha   Pete

I don't carry my mobile; in fact that's usually the first question I get at work after a day off: "Do you never carry your mobile?"

It's also a top-up no contract version.

I watch things as they happen, not through a screen.

I still write letters and stick stamps on them.

My headphones cover my ears.

I still buy LP records (usually stuff that never made it to CD tho)

I buy real books. (Can't squash a wasp with a Kindle although you can't play Candy Crush on a page)

The only thing I have in my ear is wax.

Every time I hear the words "Fast" and "Furious" in the same sentence I go into fits of laughter.

And if I'm a dinosaur, at least:

I tell telephone scammers to "F O" instead of being gullible and sending them large sums of money.

I know that puppies needing homes in Africa probably don't exist.

I don't get blackmailed for taking my clothes off on webcam to a total stranger after believing everything they tell me.

I don't lose hundreds of pounds every year on depreciation just because I desperately must have the latest phone.

I don't cry or get suicidal when there's no wi-fi.

Do I qualify as a grumpy old whatever?

I'm sure Pete will consider your application. He is the chairman of the Commode. (Committee of management membership of dinosaur executive.)

My phone is also top up, £30 once a year whether it needs it or not, and no camera. I have a camera, why do I need another?

My stereo has 4 units, amp, CD player, radio and cassette player. How quickly these things have become redundant.

I shall make my own music, pass me my Stratocaster and tell the neighbours to put their earplugs in.

I was dreaming about a membership fee

With Colins submission he must be general secretary and Doug s voted to be treasurer

we need some rules making up

When is the AGM ( annual grumpies meeting)

we should meet monthly in the man cave with a box of sherry

pete

Hello  Commode Members

£5!!!! a month!  I use GifGaf and put £10 and top it up when it gets down to less than £1(about every 3 to 4 months If I have been busy?)

I use Faceache now and then but find it frustrating as everything is gone within minutes and it is full of people just saying how are you to each other every 10 minutes!

I do not like fast food(well I think it is food?) why should I buy a sandwich of dubious origin for £5 when I can make one for 50p and do not start me on coffee at £3+ a cup and if you like half a cup of froth its even worse value.

I have been retired for 11 years and still wearing old clothes off in the garage and garden(She will not let me go out in them?) plenty of life in them yet?

It leaves more money for important things? Classic Car parts, Tools, Wine, Good Food, Holidays with and without the Classic Car(off to Spa on Thursday)

So do I qualify to join the elite club?

Roger

ps this is only a short list!

To qualify as a member you need to be able to explain the following photo. The only clue is "Esso" ;)

post-822-0-17703300-1494772232_thumb.jpg

A member of my local club phoned me to say these were available on "Leboncoin". I remember them well from way back when... :D

Commode club  ,   do you remember PINK stamps   as an alternative the Greenshield

who got the Smurfs, Trolls, glasses , soup bowls ,with fuel coupons    never mind the Tiger in your tank

Pete

Don't forget the plastic daffodils.

I recall my parents and grandparents collecting not just Green Shield stamps, but Co-op ones too in the post divi days. Think the co-op's just reintroduced them as some sort of Christmas savings scheme.

Smurfs - THE best garages giveaway. We had a National garage near us which I used to pester Dad to use... Still have 3 1970's era Smurfs.

Gully

You mean they are not available now , so nothing to stick pins in

what will we do, I have a avid hate of yankee candle pongs

I reckon the commode club may be in need of air freshners.

and why is it I can remember my co op divi number 57196 from the 60/70s

but have to write all me passwords down

You mean they are not available now , so nothing to stick pins in

what will we do, I have a avid hate of yankee candle pongs

I reckon the commode club may be in need of air freshners.

and why is it I can remember my co op divi number 57196 from the 60/70s

but have to write all me passwords down

just use it as your password because nobody knew it until you posted it!!!! I use my mother coop number but not posting here.

Tiger in the Tank when it was less than five bob a gallon for the 101 stuff(avgas now?)

I like this club they talk rubbish like me!

Roger