Triumph Silver?

Adrian

Hi All

I've had my wheels back from refurb, at last! A friend of a friend did it at a good price but loads of hassle and time.

I don't have a colour point of reference so, are they Triumph Silver? If not I can get a rattle can from the club shop but will it adhere to powder coating? 

Secondly the first photo show my original metal chromed centre. The second photo is an ebay aftermarket plastic which is somewhat gold in colour. Obviously original is best or do you think otherwise? Do you know anyone with gold wheels who is looking for centres?

Cheers

Adrian

post-1605-0-47574900-1497007873_thumb.jpgpost-1605-0-27071000-1497007905_thumb.jpg

I've ordered some silver from the club shop. I've seen some threads that suggest the wheels were sometimes a grey silver as opposed to the modern bright silver. Nevertheless time will tell and I'll do a test to find out!

Ok - got the paint - tested it - it matches - must have been the lighting - phew - cost some money for the paint but it is the right colour!!!!

I suppose the only issue is it doesn't quite have the gloss you get with clear coat.

At least I can get on with finishing the other jobs now! 

• 3 months later...