Spitty goes to Spain and Portugal

rogerguzzi

Hello Pete

You have confirmed what I thought so I am happy with it(would have cost me as much to have inserts and guides on an old head I have(which is a 1300cc head so would need the chambers opening up a bit or compression would be higher than I want!)

Roger

tkc1155 std   1500 spitty unleaded insert head

tkc 3239  is spitty  low compresion for california with UL inserts

guess this is been skimmed to make a 1155   ???

Pete 

Hello Pete

I am not arguing with the font of all knowledge but I have just dug my old cylinder head.

It is stamped TKC 1155 but does not have hard seats fitted and the car was one of the last made and not registered until 1981?

Both heads have casting No RKC 0589 and chamber depth is the same to within 0.002"

I think the head I have acquired is US spec that was re machined at the factory and re stamped TKC1155?(perhaps later as UK heads ran out for spares? or because US did not need any more as production had stopped and TR7,s were what they were selling?)

I am wondering if any UK cars had valve seats fitted from new as we were still supplying leaded fuel?

Just my theory!

Roger

I remember John kipping bout loads of USA heads, all new, probably for scrap value for one of his sources. Laughable at the time as unleaded was not even considered. Few years later he was flogging them as unleaded heads. Possible yours is a kipping special? Who knows. But very handy! 3 angle valve cut??

I remember John kipping bout loads of USA heads, all new, probably for scrap value for one of his sources. Laughable at the time as unleaded was not even considered. Few years later he was flogging them as unleaded heads. Possible yours is a kipping special? Who knows. But very handy! 3 angle valve cut??

Hello Clive

You could be right as it was swopped for a TR6 diff with Mike Papworth?

Valve seats are just 1 angle but will get them recut when I have new valves and may need a light skim to get to 9.5 to 1(I have a small milling machine now I wonder if I could cut my own seats?)

Roger