** ON TO THE NEXT BIT ** Nose to Tail - 1972 Spitfire MkIV restoration upgrades!!

Thanks Gents. Now the next question... taking a standard reclining frame, without foam or cover, is if possible to add the headrest fittings to the seat frame, or is this a factory fitting job only. From the parts list, it looks like a simple bolt on/welded fitting onto the top of the seat frame, altough the 'Bros' don't appear to have any in stock.

CHRISTMAS EVE 2017

To everyone who has read any part of this thread and offered advice, information or humerous input, thank you. Have a very happy Christmas and a properous New Year. My Spitfire is on the road and awaiting further TLC in 2018...

I COULD NOT HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT THE HELP OF ALL OF YOU.

Best wishes.. BW.

• Like 2

I will be getting the covers from Owen Lloyd at Park Lane classics in the spring, so I need to make sure they are ordered for the correct fittings etc.

As for the post edit notification, I think that this is set in the edit window as to whether edits are flagged or not. Kevin will be able to clarify..... yes there is a window to check in the edit window if you want to show that the post has been edited.

BW,

Owen's stuff is excellent.

The head rests in my modern will protect me in an accident. The head rests in my GT6 are purely cosmetic and will probably break my neck! Even at the fullest extent they are too low. I pull them up and next day they've sunk down again. But, they look the business!  B)

Doug

Thanks Doug. In that case I will stick to the low backs. I saw a pair of headrests on fleabay and thought that there may be a fitting that I could add to the top of the seat frame before they are covered. I didn't want to order the wrong covers from Owen. Saves me having to buy a new tonneau cover!

• 5 months later...

Hello and a happy New Year to all of you!!!

I have been busy with other things for the last 6 months but the car is now back on the road with very little change at the moment. I did, however get the secondhand seat frames, which are now wearing a beautiful pair of leather covers over new foams courtesy of Owen at Park Lane Classics. What a difference they have made!! Took a long time to fit them, but highly recommended if you are fed up with sitting on the floor.

• Thanks 1

So, after being back in storage over the winter, last weekend was the first drive out. Everything running well except for an intermittant oil warning light and gauge showing pressure a little on the low side. I appear to have overfilled the sump as the dipstick shows well above the high level mark. Could that be the cause of the warning light, or should I investigate further!

Thanks. Will I need a service kit or is it likely to be stuck up with old oil and muck after being stored for 20 years!!?. This as one of the few things I didn't check last year when she went back on the road, after changing oil and filter.

• 2 weeks later...

Took the car out for a spin last night to try to get a grip on the oil warning light problem (originally thought it was an alternator warning - don't ask!) Ran up to normal temperature with no warning light with a running psi of about 50. Could be a faulty switch as Pete suggested on another thread (oil pressure oddity). I will get one with my next spares order

I have found that the LED dashboard bulbs that I fitted last year have been very useful, especially with the recent sunshine. The best thing I have added up to now is a cheap 12volt buzzer fitted across the terminals of the indicator warning light. As Pete says, bells and buzzers are much more useful. I might try the same idea across the terminals of the other warning lights unless someone has experience that it might take out some of the somewhat restrictive fuses.

Cant imagine the little buzzers would affect the fuse loading  they use miniscule currents 

I have one to fit on my new C3Aircross  its a weeny winker  , not adjustable like my picasso where you could have click clack or jungle rock and a variety of winker clickers

Just not sure the ECU  brain  / canbus    will understand any additions   without thowing a wobbler 

If you worry about oil pressure then a buzzer is a good idea   you might hear the buzzer before you hear the engine and a long time before you notice the lamps ON 

Pete